Pretender

Jung Hoseok let out a cry of joy as he succeeded but soon nausea caught up to him and he stumbled in place trying to maintain his balance. The power was still foreign to him. It'd take a while to get used to but right now, his objective was another.

Sia paused in her tracks as she spotted Hoseok appear right in front of her.

"Sia Winters," Hoseok called, a little irritation oozing into his tone at the way Sia remained unfazed.

"H-hi, Hoseok," Sia muttered out weakly before she made to go around him but he blocked her path. "I want answers." He ordered.

"Hoseok, can we do this some other time? I'm not feeling well." She replied.

"Why?" He snapped, not liking the way she remained so... emotionless. He fought and he won a battle. A battle in which she was a part of and he expected her to be happy about it. He didn't like that his expectations were crushed.

"I just— I don't know, Hoseok. I just can't be okay with this. I stabbed you. I almost killed you and I—"

Hoseok made a face, "You didn't stab me. It wasn't me."

"But how was I to know? How could I ever be completely sure that you weren't there? And I— I didn't even hesitate, Hoseok. I didn't look to see. I thought I lost you..." Sia's voice quivered as if she were on the verge of breaking down. It puzzled Hoseok. "But you knew I was gone. I wasn't there..."

Sia shook her head, denying his reassurance. "I wasn't completely sure. But still I stabbed you! I almost killed you, Hoseok! Don't you hate me? Don't you see? I hurt you!"

Hoseok's bewilderment grew listening to Sia's rebuttals. It didn't make sense. What the girl was spewing out was complete nonsense and the Sia he knew was never the kind to obsessively dwell on it. Even if some part of her did feel tortured by it, she made sure to hide it. Or keep it out of her thoughts.

"You're not Sia." Hoseok accidentally blurted out the thought that crossed his mind.

"Tch." Sia shoved her hand into her mane, irritatedly, "Whoops. You're clever."

Huh?

Something wasn't right. The way Sia eyed him with malice she didn't own, the way her lips curled to a cold grin, the way she inclined her head to gaze through her lashes felt gravely wrong.

No. It was not her. His heart raced at an inhumane pace as a sinister silence settled around them, engulfing them in abnormal darkness, even silencing the crickets and the things that go bump in the night. A low chuckle rumbled out of her lips as her eyes suddenly burned two rings of fire. A thick cloud of shadows collapsed over her in swirls, engulfing her form as it transformed her into something she absolutely wasn't and Hoseok choked.

The Darkness stroked her hair, brushing them to morph to the beautiful hues of fiery bluebell flames. A cloak of onyx blue flowed down from over her shoulders. Sia sauntered forward, patting specks of dust off her little dress of shadows that hugged her curves and came to a luring climax just above her knees. There was a strange allure in her poise or even the subtlest movements that entranced anyone's eyes and when she looked at him, he knew. It wasn't her. Flashing him a sly smile that was just so wrong, she posed, "Why leech? Why do you look so surprised?"

"Sia... What did you do to her?" He asked, his voice shaking as his fingers clenched.

Her giggle of delight felt so out of place before it morphed to that of absolute loathing, "Did you really think I'd let you live after you stole my body and my life from me, leech? Did you think that you could end me so easily?"

The Vile One was right. He should have known it wouldn't have been that easy to defeat one of the strongest evil of the time. A defier of fate that escaped hell at that. He should have known and if he had, maybe he could have at least saved her.