extra - c.19

Chapter 19: Sleeping Arrangements

It was two in the morning and Hoseok still lay wide awake, gazing into a room filled with shadows. After months of living in a noisy big city, the quiet of the English countryside seemed strange. The house was completely silent. Even the baby had stopped crying a while ago.

The baby. Taehyung and Jiwoo's son.

Hoseok still wasn't sure how he had managed to put on a smile and say all the right things when Jiwoo had brought the baby downstairs. He'd thought he was prepared for it, but nothing could have prepared him for the reality of seeing Taehyung's child—his child with his woman. After the dinner, Hoseok excused himself, saying that he was tired after the flight, and left the room, ignoring the concerned look on Taehyung's face.

That was six hours ago.

Six hours of thinking in circles and wondering what he was even doing here.

The baby had Taehyung's eyes. And his nose. And his stubborn chin.

"Enough," Hoseok whispered. That way lay madness.

The door creaked open.

His eyes darted toward it, but he couldn't see much. The night was moonless and it was too dark in the room.

There were footsteps approaching the bed.

"Tae?"

"How did you guess?"

"I don't think Jiwoo would come to my room in the middle of the night." Hoseok tried to sound amused, but he wasn't sure he had pulled it off.

He heard Taehyung pause by the bed for a moment. Then he slid under the comforter.

Hoseok tensed. "What are you doing?"

"Couldn't sleep," Taehyung said, as though that explained everything. He rolled over, threw an arm over Hoseok's bare chest, cheek to his shoulder, and sighed contentedly. "Mmm, much better. Fuck, I'm so tired."

"Tae—"

"Hold me. You know I sleep like a baby when you hold me."

Hoseok smiled. "You're spoiled rotten."

"If I'm spoiled rotten, then it's your own fault," Taehyung said, yawning. "You're the only one who ever spoiled me."

( A/N ) Late updates my bad. Been slacking again