Chapter 18.

After travelling for the whole day, Tanjiro arrived in the bright city of Asakusa, Japan. It was even more sprawling than the town Tanjiro had visited the day before, which blew his mind. He wished Kyameron was awake to see this, "He always wanted to see a big city, I think. I wonder if he saw one during his training with his master?" he thought.

Bright lights, banners, cable cars and buildings made up the entirety of the sights. The intense lights blotted out the stars, something Tanjiro thought impossible. People were everywhere in the streets; there had to be at least a thousand on this street alone. Tanjiro stood dumbfounded, unsure of what to do within the crowd of people. Nezuko was outside her box and standing behind Tanjiro, intimidated by the massive crowd around her. Kyameron, still hanging from Tanjiro's shoulder, was unconscious and actually snoring, prompting Tanjiro to wonder if he was really asleep or didn't want to walk.

"The buildings are so tall! The lights are so bright! Where are the stars? Where is my mission? WHERE IS ANYTHING?!?!" he thought, walking against the flow of people and angering several. Nezuko was practically stuck to his back, terrified that if she let go, she would get lost. All the while, Kyameron kept snoring. A cable car passed the three, further shocking Tanjiro and scaring Nezuko. The young man put up his hood, feeling dizzy from all the bright lights and advanced things. The three ran to an alleyway thinking it to be a shortcut, only to find two people making out. They quickly ran away, Tanjiro apologizing to the two. They continued to run through the streets until they found their way out of the downtown area and into a much calmer park.

Already exhausted and hungry from the trip, the three approached an Udon stand. The man operating was smoking his pipe while Tanjiro stepped up, holding Nezuko's hand, "Excuse me, sir..." he said.

The man looked up, "One bowl of Udon with grated yam on top, please..." Tanjiro said.

"Of course!" The man said, getting into his cart and beginning to cook.

Tanjiro sat on a nearby bench with Nezuko, finally taking his brother off of his aching shoulder and setting him down beside it, "I've never been in a place like this... so crowded, too many people..." he said

Nezuko's head was wavering up and down until she eventually fell asleep on Tanjiro's shoulder. He smiled, patting her head as she slept, "Your Udon with grated Yam on top!" The cart owner said

"Ah, thank you..." Tanjiro said, taking the bowl from the man. He took a big bite, feeling his body warm up as a result. He was about to take another bite before a truly horrendous smile assaulted his nose. It smelt like straight-up evil, murder and tyranny. Tanjiro dropped his bowl, shattering it. Frozen with shock and fear, he looked around, getting his barrings after the shockwave. He set Nezuko down on the bench and grabbed his sword, running off towards the scent.

He ran all the way back to the downtown area, this time with no fear of the many people around him. He pushed through the crowd, "This is the same scent as the one at my house! Muzan Kibutsuji's scent!!!" he thought.

Pushing his way through several people, he found the person giving off the scent. They wore an all-black suit and a white tie, with a white fedora sporting a black stripe around the base. He had decent-length black hair with two bangs hanging over the side, matching his suit. The man turned, revealing his pasty and pale skin. He had thin, black eyebrows as well. But his most striking feature was his eyes, iris of pure red. There was no mistaking him, "It's him!" Tanjiro thought, rage fueling him as he reached for his sword.

"Daddy?"

The man turned further, revealing a little girl in his arms, "Who's that?" She asked

Tanjiro's world began to spin, his shock and anger mixing to form some unexplainable emotion, "He's pretending to be human, living among us!"