Chapter 17.

Tanjiro stood next to the two bystanders, watching in horror as Kyameron sadistically tortured the demon. Tanjiro had never smelt him so full of anger and resentment, though he couldn't smell where his resentment was coming. After putting the swamp demon out of its misery, he turned to Tanjiro and the bystanders. His eyes seemed almost washed over and staring off into nothing, with his mouth hanging open and his eyebrows quivering. He looked down at his hands, his sword still clamped in his left hand. He shook his head violently, turning to his brother, "K-Kyameron?" Tanjiro muttered.

Kyameron hid his face from his brother, "Let's just... not talk about it, okay?"

Tanjiro shook his head, turning his attention to the two demons, whom also stared at Kyameron. Even demons were shocked by his cruelty, but they quickly recentered their goals around their battle plan. One began to scream and shout, "You killed him! Sociopath! Psychopath!" he yelled. It then turned its attention to the man and woman, "Hey! Give her to me! She's already sixteen! She's losing flavour by the second, I tell you! Give her here! NOW!!!" The demon yelled, scaring the man

"Calm down, myself. So what? Nights like these happen," The first demon said, "I've already feasted on plenty of 16-year-olds in this town. They were all quite meaty and delicious. I'm satisfied,"

"Well, I'm not satisfied! I wanna eat more!" The second one said

"Y-you! Give Saturo back to me! The girl you took last night!" The man said, still holding the girl from before.

The demons rattled their teeth together again, making that awful noise from before, "Saturo? Does she own any of these?" It asked, pulling its jacket open to reveal a massive collection of hairpins, bows and combs, "If one of these is hers, then I've devoured her already,"

The man's face sank into itself, tears openly falling down his gaunt cheeks. Kyameron's rage exploded once again, charging for the demon with the collection, "Perfect."

As Kyameron grabbed onto its neck, the second demon came from behind and shoved him into the pool with the first. Kyameron disappeared into the puddle as it closed, shocking Tanjiro. Silently, his rage had been building as well. Hearing this demon speaking of killing young girls, girls that could have easily been Hanako or Nezuko, caused veins to pop in his forehead. When the second demon appeared behind him to try and attack, he spun using the movements his brother taught him.

He flipped around the Demon's punch, slashing for his neck. But, he miscalculated ever-so-slightly, missing his neck and slicing through his shoulder. The demon escaped underground, popping up on the floor right afterwards, attempting to jab Tanjiro's eye. Suddenly, the door to the box on his back flung open as Nezuko kicked the demon right in the head, causing it to be knocked out of its puddle and onto the ground. Nezuko stepped out of her box and stood next to Tanjiro, ready to fight and protect her only brother.

Underneath, inside the demon's swamp realm, Kyameron was struggling desperately against the first demon. The weight of the pond began to pull him further down, losing oxygen fast. He tried to use his flame breathing, but it was ineffective underwater. The first demon swam around him, taunting and occasionally blowing right past his head, which Kyameron barely dodged. The demon came right in front of his face, "You sure are a stubborn one, eh? How about this, before you die, I'll let you see your family one more time. How does that sound?"

Kyameron, losing oxygen, barely nodded his head. The demon grabbed him by the neck and shot towards the surface, sticking only Kyameron's eyes out. He witnessed Nezuko and Tanjiro standing side by side, facing the demon. His rage began to bubble up again; "Why, Why?! WHY?!?! WHY IS IT THAT SHE ONLY REMEMBERS HIM?! THIS ISN'T FAIR!!!" he thought.