Chapter 12.

After travelling for nearly 12 hours, Mount Fujikasane finally appeared on the horizon. Kyameron was excited. It was the first time he would be battling demons without his master. He had accompanied him on several missions. However, with the exception of the one to the Mountain Village, he was just there to observe the demons and study their mannerisms. Here, he could let loose and slash as many as he could, as he had wanted to ever since he defeated the demon in the mountain village.

Kyameron arrived at the mountain's base, facing a large staircase covered by Wisteria trees. His master had told him about these trees and their use; to keep the demons inside the mountain-top. Climbing the steps, Kyameron picked up on several things, one being that the wisteria thickened the higher he ascended, and two, he was the only one climbing the stairs. The evening began to set into the night as he scaled the mountain. The wisteria started to glow a bright pink colour the heavier the darkness became.

Reaching the top of the staircase, he found at least 30 other young slayers, all awaiting their trial. The crowd differed immensely. One boy looked focused and ferocious with scars all across his face, reminding Kyameron of Sanemi Shinazugawa, the Wind Hashira. Another girl was blank-faced, holding a butterfly in her hand and just staring at it. Another boy looked absolutely terrified. He had striking yellow hair with a coat to match.

Kyameron walked over to the boy and tried to start a conversation, "What's up, man? Nervous?" He asked

"Is it that obvious?" The boy said

"Yeah, it is! Haha!"

"Oh..."

"Hey, don't get yourself down. You trained for this, right?"

"I-I guess so... I don't know if you can call what I did training..."

"Well, you did something! And as long as you did something, you should be fine. What's your name?"

"I'm Zenitsu. What about you?"

"My name is Kyameron,"

"Cool..." The boy said, sinking into his nerves again.

Kyameron moved along, checking out faces and enjoying the glow of the Wisteria. A few minutes later, Kyameron could hear someone coming up the steps. As they drew closer, he could smell them too. It smelled so familiar yet so different. The footsteps reached the top, revealing a boy with a blue haori. He was wearing a mask akin to a cat, with a marking of the sun in the top left corner. Kyameron turned his head as the kid removed his mask.

Kyameron was stunned. The person that stood there was his brother, Tanjiro. He had grown up so much in the last year and a half. He almost looked just like he himself did around the time he left. Tanjiro didn't seem to notice him, which confused Kyameron. Tanjiro could typically recognize someone's scent a mile away. Tanjiro walked closer to him, and when he was passing, Kyameron stuck out his leg and tripped him.

Tanjiro fell to the ground almost comically, Kyameron laughing at his trick. Tanjiro stood up and looked at him, "Hey! What's your problem? That was uncalled for!" He said

"Uncalled for? Oh, come on, I've missed out on a year and a half of this! Haha!" Kyameron said

"A year and a half of what?!"

"Messing around with you!"

"Do you even know me?!"

"Wow. Tanjiro, this is embarrassing, dude..."

"How do you know my name?"

"How do I know the great Tanjiro Kamado? Why I lived with him for 14 years, I did!"

"Wait..."

"Come on. You can get it..."

"K-ky..."

"Allllllmost there..."