36.

𝐻𝑒𝓇𝓈 ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Looking up at the looming building as in comes into view, I am smile.

It was a manor hidden in the hills around 20 minutes from Paris and looked like a mix of baroque and gothic architecture. There was a very homy charm in it.

Four different towers were set on the corners and a huge gate surrounded the whole property.

He had picked the perfect place.

"The wedding will be hosted inside of the main hall and connecting rooms, the rest of the palace is available for us to use. We have a dressing room in here as well so all the people necessary to get you ready will be here," Fatima gives a little tour.

She opens the front door for me and I slowly walk in. A gasp audibly leaves my lips.

The lighting of the sun perfectly illuminated the foyer which opened up to a room that had two curved staircases on either sides leading up to a second floor. We walk passed them into what I assumed was the ball room.

"That place would be perfect for the nikkah setup," I point to the very end of the room. Large windows overlooked a platform that was raised a step higher than the rest of the room.

"We can have the separator right between these two windows with both of you on either side," Fatimah nods.

"Exactly what I was thinking," I laugh. Everything looked perfect.

"Where would you want the food tables and the chairs for the guests," Fatimah asks. We had everything we needed to set up, all that was needed was my direction on what to do.

"We could have the huge charcuterie board over on the left alongside other finger foods and chai and then the main dishes can go in the dining room. I think it would be better to separate it like that," I say. "I want to have the chairs in the middle facing the platform, but of course split in half so I can walk in."

"Okay, so that's done. I'll get this information to the workers and you can see how it looks the day before the nikkah, except the food of course." She nods and writes all of this down in her notebook. Now we only have one thing left on our list. Your gown should be done soon."

"Already?" I ask. My measurements had been done only yesterday.

"Your fiancé said he wanted it done as fast as possible so she's been working on it ever since yesterday. He was very demanding that it be done by tomorrow." She stated matter-of-factly.

"That does sound like him," we laugh.

After going around the manor and checking the backyard I changed my plans.

"I want to have the food outside," I declare. The garden stretched so far, my eyes couldn't see the end of it. There was a maze, fountains, and beautiful rows of flowers.

After we finish everything, I am dropped back home.

Tired, I walk up the stairs and pray Isha before remembering I had one thing I had forgotten to do.

I sigh as I look at the trays placed in front of me. I was making a bridesmaid essentials taal for Ilaria, Razan, and a few of my cousins. In each, I had strategically placed the dress I had bought them, a matching hijab, jewelry, and amakeup pallet.

Maybe I could put chocolate in here as well?

My thoughts are wrapped up in making the taal as perfect as humanly possible when I hear my phone ring. I jump slightly before recovering and picking it up.

It was the detective that was on my case.

"Hello," I say into the phone.

"Hello. This is detective Alan. We met over your case last week," he introduces himself.