33.

𝐻𝑒𝓇𝓈 ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

The aftereffect of that day was disastrous. I could feel the buzz in my ears long after I had left the restaurant, my stomach filled with good food and butterflies.

The world felt like a dream.

That night, I had stayed with my parents for as long as I could. After a while, I had gone straight into my room, closed the door, and subsequently squealed into a pillow.

His words swirled around my mind, his promises hung in the air, and I could still clearly hear his deep voice in my head almost as if he was still siting across from me.

I grabbed my phone and called Razan and Ilaria as I had promised earlier to explain what happened.

They squealed and gushed over it as I had expected them to.

"How have I even gotten this lucky," I think aloud.

"Allah has a plan for everything, my love. And this is exactly what Allah has been making you wait for for a long time," Ilaria says in that motherly tone of hers.

"What about you guys," I turn the conversation to them. We had talked about me for a while now and they deserved to be the center of attention as well. "What's been going on in your lives? We haven't been able to properly catch up after I got out of the hospital."

"Nothing much really. We were super worried about you," Razan tells me.

"We made lots of dua," Ilaria adds.

"Thank you guys. It really helped," and I wasn't lying. My recovery period had been so much faster than the doctors had expected. So much so that they genuinely looked surprised when I had gone to my checkup the other day. The only thing left was the police investigation. It was a hit and run case and so far no clues had surfaced.

We talk about what's going on in their personal lives and then end it so we can go to sleep on time.

I sigh as I try to close my eyes an does into a peaceful slumber.

But as usually, my thoughts distract me from doing so.

I mean, it was understandable. I still had slight jitters running through my body. I think the main reason was that everything was happening so soon. Sooner than I thought it ever would.

We had decided on a date for the wedding and it would be in a few weeks. 

And here I was thinking this wouldn't happen for at least 6 months. Not that I was complaining that it was happening sooner.

But sometimes, change is scary. The unknown is hard to trek, especially when you had to go alone.

The topic had come up as I was marveling the tiramisu that I was served for dessert. He had automatically looked up and answered, "March 15. That's three weeks from now."

That's one thing I noticed about him through my time with him today. He always looked at people in the eye when he talked to them, even if he was in the middle of doing something. He had not once taken his phone out and had responded in the most perfect way possible.

This courtesy had reached to other, smaller actions. I wondered just hoe much thought he put into every little action that he did.

It had taken a few seconds for the words to fully register in my head and when I looked up, my father was protesting.

Somehow Omar was able to convince him by putting it one week further, on March 22, but it still put me in shock.

I would be married in a few weeks. 4 to be exact.

I groan and roll over in my bed. 

It was definitely going to be four very long weeks.

--------------------------------

Salam guys, this is the update you've been waiting for. I've working on my small business recently so I haven't been able to come on here. (The link to my website is in my tiktok bio if you wanted to check it out-it's islamic stationary & I have free Ramadan online downloads as well so it's a good recourse to help with your deen.)SATs are April 1 idk how I'm going to do on that pray for me please <3 also AP exams are coming up, my brain hurts from just thinking about it

Also- Tiramisu is one of my many loml (if there's one thing you should know about me it's that I have a huge sweet tooth)

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE POSTED TMR (SOMETIME AROUND 8 PM EST)

word count: 611

Date Posted: 03/21/2022