15.

I had seen many monsters throughout my life.

All of them had been in the form of vicious people.

But the one I was dealing with now came in the form of a 19 year old woman.

She was the purest, most wholesome, and kindhearted person I had ever met.

Her personality really was unforgettable. She was kind and you could see her genuineness in the way her eyes held no hostility and no judgment.

Two days ago, I had been on a walk along the Seine when I spotted her figure quickly walking up the stairs to a building holding a box in her hand. I moved closer to the building and read a sign on the wall.

"Thomos B.children Orphanage," I read aloud.

What was she doing here?

That wasn't my business either way. This looked like something a stalker would do.

I internally cringe as I walk back across the street to the waterfront. I had decided to do another lap around this area before jogging back home when I saw her coming back out.

"Anything to help the children," she was saying to a woman that looked like she was in her late 40's.

"You really didn't have to bring all those toys though. I am grateful and I'm sure they are too." The woman shook Cyra's hand.

"The smiles on their faces and the sound of laughter make it all worth it." She says something else that I can't make out, but it constituted in the other woman laughing.

And that's when I knew I liked her.

I mean, I knew I had some sort of feeling for her for a while now. But that moment had solidified my feelings.

And that was a slight problem.

I had never approached a girl when I had liked them. More often than not, my feelings would go away when I would find them doing something rude or disrespectful or find them to be less religious than I initially thought they were.

But I had a feeling that my feelings for Cyra were not going to be washed away anytime soon. She was respectful, religious, hard working, and kind. And above all of that my family already knew and liked her.

Well, most of my family anyway.

That fateful day I had met her at the Masjid, I couldn't have known about the change she would prompt in me. My dad called me right after she had left and he told me that he wouldn't be back for another 6 months.

That meant I had to take care of Dua and his businesses for half a year.

I was stressed and had explained the situation to my 'friends' to which they responded by asking me if I wanted to smoke. The sad thing was that I had actually thought about it.

After my Islamic upbringing and even though I knew of the values my mother would have wanted me to uphold, the thought still passed my mind.

I know that it wasn't the worst thing I could have done, but I had tried my best to live a life I knew my mother would have been happy with.

And here I was messing it up.

But then she came into my life with her enlightening advice and kind words. She was brave and stood her ground, and her faith never wavered.

It was almost as if Allah SWT had handpicked her and chosen her for me.

Because just looking at her inspired me to become a better person. Her company was all I needed to think of becoming a better person.