29.

𝐻𝒾𝓈 ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"What's she doing right now?"

"Still in a coma," I respond. "They say she had some minor brain bleeding which is why she went unconscious."

It had been a full week since I had last seen Cyra. I had been over Hasan's house for a while now. I didn't want to be alone, especially with Dua. I didn't want her to see me in this state.

"Has she woken up at all?"

"Nope."

"Well, she's alive so that's good. Right?"

"She's been sleeping for a week now and the doctors don't know when she's going wake up. I'm really worried" I say.

At this, Hasan takes off his headset and turns around to look at me.

"That's normal. But cmon, you gotta stop overthinking this. Have a little faith in her, will you?"

"I know," I say. "But you really think it's that easy?"

"Of course I know this is hard on you, but do you really think she would want you sulking around all day? For Gods sake, you've been acting like she's a dying woman," he huffs out in a frustrated voice. "She's strong. Stronger than I think you would like to give her credit for. So have a little bit of faith in her."

His slight outburst surprises me, but I slowly mull over what he said and finally respond.

"I know she'll get better. I guess.... I guess the real question I have is why would God put her through something like this? Why would he put me through this? And what about her family?"

"Maybe he wanted to teach you guys a lesson. Maybe he wanted you to turn back to him. God works in mysterious ways is all I know."

"I'm still not receiving a solid answer here."

"We will never know. I mean, you may as well try to find that answer for yourself."

"It would be better than sulking around here wouldn't it," I say as I finish the rest of my redbull and subsequently throw it in the trash as I walk out of his room.

Was that the third one I had today?

"Wait. I didn't mean literally. You could think here you know, why's there a need to leave?"

"You'll be fine," I say as I walk through the hallway.

"But your leaving me," he says in a voice of mock distress.

"Don't miss me too much," I say as I walk down the stairs.

"Oh but I'll miss you very very much."

"Don't you have better things to do?" I ask, suddenly having an idea.

"Like what?"

"Like talking to Ilaria." I smile, even though it was the last thing I felt like doing right now.

Even from his place at the top of the stairs, I could see his cheeks redden slightly.

"I'm not talking to her," he whispers.

Well that quieted him down.

"For what reason?"

"Because it's haram idiot. I'll try to after you and Cyra get married," he says with an exasperated voice. "You know, sometimes I wonder how many brain cells you have left in that brain of yours."

"Not many by this point I reckon," I put my shoes on and open the door. "I'll come by to see you tomorrow morning since you'll miss me this much."

"I'm only saying this because I know you'll miss me more," he says with a chuckle.

"Of course. Assalamu alaikum."

"Wa alaikum assalam. Breakfast is on you by the way."

I turn around but he's already gone. Of course the man had an alternate goal.

I close the door and stare up at the sky above Paris. The area that Hasan lived was a little far from the city so there was less light pollution. The sky above us was always something to marvel.

I start walking slowly, the only sound being the crunch of snow underneath my feet, the occasional night animal, and the engine of a car somewhere in the distance.

All these people had different lives, different hardships. And I understand that life isn't without hardship. You wouldn't know how good happiness is until you feel pain.

So is that the reason?

But I've already been through this once. I understand the cost of happiness, so why again? Did I not understand enough the first time?

When I was younger, I would love the stories my dad would tell me of the prophet PBUH. But looking at them now, it's amazing the amount of pain he went through all for the sake of Allah.

And yet, Allah kept on putting him through trial after trial.

But doesn't Allah say this this worldly life is but the enjoyment of delusion?

So was it to pull the prophet away from being too attached to something in this dunya? Or was it to make him fully dependent on Allah?

It could have been both.

With hardship comes ease, Allah says.

So does that mean that that after we go through these hardships, we will fine ease? But we're constantly going through hardships so how does that make sense.

Allah SWT says with not after.

So the point it so find ease within your hardships? Is that it? Maybe it's to find ease through putting your faith in Allah since he is the one who has planned everything out.

And you haven't been putting your whole faith in him have you?

And this situation fully showed that to you.

It clicked then. It really did. That's why she had said to put my faith in Allah. She knew.

I look up and it was as if my body had known before my mind could piece in together. I was on the street of the Masjid, just a few buildings down.

And finally, I knew what I had to do.

When every imaginable reality was at the mercy of this dunya, it was holding on to الله SWT hand that gave me comfort.

--------------------------------

Remember ladies "with hardship comes ease" ┊͙ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈

(if you're a dude reading this i just wanted to lyk ur a king & you'll definitely get that rishta accepted)

also i promise the big day is coming soon

word count: 940

Date Posted: 02/27/2022