𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙚 𝙋𝙩-1

Third Person POV-

Wanda shoved her hands into her coat as she walked down the streets of Los Angeles. She minded her business as she walked through a carnival, looking at the young kids playing and laughing. A pang slammed into her heart as the thought of her boys. She wanted to cry, scream. But what difference would it make? Would she even be able to cry anymore?

She was leaving the carnival when she heard two people arguing. "I don't see what the big fucking deal is Nate?!" A young girl spoke as a taller guy dragged her behind the trailer.

Wanda stopped in her tracks watching the scene unfold. She wanted to walk away. But what he did next in flamed her. Made her blood boiling in anger. He slammed her much smaller body against the trailer his hand around her neck.

"Hey!" Wanda yelled walking over to them and twisting his hand off the girls neck

"Is that how we're speaking to each other now?" Wanda asked she held her hand twisted to his and put her other hand around his neck copying what he did to her.

The young girl was too stunned to say anything Wanda put the guy in his place. "Come near her again and I swear you will relive you nightmare over and over again untill you become numb to it," she spat venom into words as he gasped for air. She dropped him and slightly smirked as he clutched his chest trying to breath again.

She turned to the young girl had tear pooling in her eyes, "are you okay?"

She girl swallowed thickly before crashing into Wanda's arms and sobbing loudly. Wanda wrapped her arms around the girl staying silent. "Let's go," she said pulling the young girl with her back to the carnival.

"I'm Wanda. What's your name?" She asked as she drove the girl home.

"Maddie," she answered.

There was silence and Wanda wasn't clear on to what to say. As they pulled up to Maddie's house police cars, fire trucks, and an ambulance were parked out front.

"What the fuck?" Maddie mumbled as she jumped out of the car. And as she got a clearer view whatever remained of her house was now ash. Wanda shut the car door behind her and her heart broke for the young teen.

"I'm sorry, were there any survivors?" Wanda heard one of neighbors ask the policemen.

"No, there weren't," he answered before realized Maddie was standing behind him.

"What do you mean 'no survivors'? Where's my mom? My dad?!" Maddie spilled answers right and left.

"Fire reveals some candles were left on and a hair straightener. It's inclusive what truly caused the fire. I'm sorry for your loss," one of the firemen said to Maddie.

"Fuck that! Mom! Daddy!" Maddie ran towards the ashes of her house, Wanda on instincts ran after her.

"Mamí! Papí!" Maddie screamed, as she tripped landing in the center of the ashes of the house.

"Maddie, calm down," Wanda said trying to calm her down but Maddie screamed, hit the ground with her fist, and sobbed to her voice became raw.

Wanda related so much to her as she pulled her into her arms she couldn't help but to cry with her. Maddie had lost her parents and her home. She lost everything she ever loved.

"I'm gonna help you through this Maddie. I promise," Wanda whispered holding the young girl in her arms.

2 YEARS LATER

"You definitely like her," Maddie teased her now new mom Wanda. After so much paperwork and trauma Wanda was able to adopt Maddie.