Chapter 21: The Flash

Third Person Perspective

Who is Barry Allen?

Earth-1

Have you ever wondered a single man could run faster than the speed of sound? Or light? Is one man truly running fast? Or maybe you just think their running. If so? What could they be running from? Could it be the moment you know your life is over? What if you lost someone your heart couldn't handle?

For Barry Allen, he lost his mother, his father, he even lost Ralph Dibny. But Barry continued to run, run away from the problems he faced daily, whether it was a simple crime he had to go to for his job or a meta human he had to fight that day.

Right now, Barry Allen is sitting in his lab at CCPD drinking a cup of coffee waiting for the results of some normal regular crime, because Joe wanted him to. Sure, Barry could use his speed and get it done quicker, but he slowed down to really take in the job at hand.

And soon, the timer beeped and Barry stood up from his chair setting the coffee down and moved to his machine and took the results out

Barry: It was carbon fiber.

Barry now using his speed ran down to Joe's desk, which caused papers to fly off his desk and Joe gave him a look.

Barry: Sorry.

Joe: Are you crazy? What if somebody seen you?

Barry: Nobody seen me.

Joe: That confidence of yours is starting to mess with your head.

Barry sets the results down on Joe's desk and he picks it up.

Barry: It was Carbon Fiber.

Joe: Good job, Bare..Now if only we could stop Devoe as fast as you find a murderer.

Barry: That's not funny.

Joe: I was joking.

Barry: I know.

Barry's phone rings, letting him know about a meta human attack going on downtown.

Joe have him a nod and Barry walked out of CCPD, running to Star Labs to fetch his suit and made his way downtown.

But what if you were told this wasn't the only reason Barry was running? What if there was some other thing stopping Barry from truly slowing down? I mean, yeah...he's slowed down before. He's lost his speed, he's given it up, he once gave everything up for his own redemption but, if you truly look at the life of his friends, could there be some other reason he's never actually slowed down?

——-

Here we see Star Labs, a simple lab you'd look at from the outside and all you'd think is that it's the lab where Harrison Wells created a particle accelerator that malfunctioned only to create meta humans but it was really revealed that Harrison Wells was really Eobard Thawne who took Harrison Wells' face to get home because he traveled to the past and killed Barry's mother thereby changing the future.