Chapter 10: The Truth Hurts

Third Person Perspective

What about me?

Ben stood in the cortex, looking at the mannequin which held his suit that Cisco insisted he needed.

He couldn't believe that finally he was able to be out of the cell, to be able to hold his daughter and tell her everything would be alright.

Though that last part may be a lie in which Ben told her as Ben didn't know. He couldn't know if things would be all right.

But he did know that he'd try and make a better world for him and his daughter, to give her the life she deserved.

Ben's thoughts are broken up by the sound of Barry and Caitlin's voices.

Ben turned around and saw the two friends laughing with each other and he couldn't help but to smile at the sight of it.

As Caitlin walked away from Barry, all Ben could do was chuckle which made Barry look over at him.

Barry: Everything okay?

Ben: Oh uh yeah. Don't mind me.

Barry: Are you sure?

Ben: It's just you and Caitlin (points to Caitlin in the med bay)..,,

Barry: Uh....

Ben realized Barry would ask questions so he just shakes it off.

Ben: You know what? Forget I said anything.

Barry: Um...okay.

Ben: So, how's it going with Harry and trying to figure out how to stop Devoe?

Barry: So far, so good. Other than the fact he failed.

Ben: Hmm....

Ben zoomed to the front of the computer after being struck with an idea. He had remembered something that his Barry had done on his earth to defeat Devoe.

Ben: You know when my Barry went up against Devoe.....we used this device. What was it called? It was...cerebral something.

Barry: Inhibitor, yeah. We tried it.

Ben: It didn't work?

Barry: No, actually it didn't. Devoe knew we'd do it before we even did.

Ben: Weird. When my Devoe took C...I mean uh one of our friends, Barry, my Barry, used the cerebral inhibitor which easily took down Devoe.

Barry: I guess that's just one of the differences between our earths.

Ben: Yeah, I guess so. And there's the fact my earth was ahead.

Barry: What do you mean?

Ben grabs the calendar that sat just next to him on the table.

Ben: Your calendar date is 2018. My earth was a few years ahead.

Barry: Weird. I don't know I just feel maybe this is one guy I can't beat. I mean he has all the satellites for his machine and Iris wants to send out a news article on it. Maybe there is No defeating the big bad this year.