CHAPTER 21

Rafe didn't say a word but angrily started walking towards me and Jess.

I took that ad a hint to leave the party once and for all. I grasped Jess's hand, leading him out, he tugged slightly in confusion and disappointment.  I could feel my face flush with anger and disappointment, where were the pogues and where is my car?  I was too drunk and wasted to think. I could only see how the room spinned in different shapes and colors all at once.

"Why so fast? We just came here." He pulled his hand away but I grabbed it again.

"We have to go Jess, there will be another. Can we just please go?" I begged him with my eyes but he ignored it, taking his hand out of mine, wiping his sweaty hand against his red shirt.

"What's that guy starring for?" Jess asked as he shyly pointed at Rafe who was dripping with water same as me.  His face expression softened, he didn't stop walking.

"Estella, you owe me.  Every ounce that was in that bag you owe me." Rafe spat out, starring into my soul with disgust and vexation.  He was at least 6 feet away from me but I could feel him next to me, breathing down my neck with anger and disgust.

"Tell Barry to fuck off." I said into his face and led Jess away from this unnecessary drama.

"Wait, wait, what was that about?" Jess said pushing himself away, looking at my clearly as if it would let him hear me better.

"It doesn't matter.  I'm leaving." He didn't budge, just rolled his eyes irritatingly, waking away with a slight hop in his step. I looked back for a second, watching Jess join the party, leaving me alone once again. I tried to reason, maybe he was having a bad day too and I didn't consider that.  But I was too tired to sympathise or think about it furthermore.

The air in the sky was less humid than September . The October breeze was already starting to become noticeable as I shivered. The droplets already dried on my skin but my cold dress only made it worse. I felt the hairs stand on my arm and leg, I tried to jog in one place to warm up,but My bones were frozen in place keeping me still. And I still had to walk home.

I heard steps following me. I ignored it at first but it was starting to become even more noticeable as their pace was getting faster. My heart was raving, I didn't even have my pocket knife with me or anything, Jj's gun would have been so useful right now.

I looked back one last time and with relieve and anger the tension in my shoulders was released. It was Rafe also walking home.

I crossed my arms trying to avoid eye contact of any sort. This can't get any better I thought.

"Here I thought you could at least afford a bike." Rafe scoffed as he caught up with me. Why was he so clingy tonight?

"I already have a bike Rafe, why would I buy another?" I rolled my eyes back and turned away ri not look at him. But he was hard to ignore, his tall lean body was leaning closer to me at every step. His messy hair was now wet and water soaked his clothes.

"Who was that?" Rafe asked looking at me then turning away.

"That's none of your business."

"It is now, your ruining the plan Pogue."

"What plan?"

"Your not allowed to date, it's only been a month, you want other to think I was dating a who're?" Rafe brushed his half dry hair back.

"Fairly, I don't care what others think of me Rafe, it's none of their business, they can talk and say whatever they want."

"You've always been so stubborn." Rafe huffed. "And now you want to ruin my reputation?" He said those words calmly, it almost sounded like he wanted to pick these fights to just have a chance to talk argue with me.