CHAPTER 6

"I wasn't planning on sleeping anywhere else." I said walking slowly to the bed in which he lay shirtless, his body taking up most of the space.  I was dark but I sensed him glancing my way, his lips parting as if he wanted to say something.

He seemed to hesitate but replied. "Fine." Was the only word he said when I walked closer to the bed, laying on the old mattress and having to smell tobacco and the odor of earth while a gust of wind swirled in the air. I shivered at the cold breeze in the room, I hugged myself hoping it would bring back heat to my body.

His chest was pressing against my back, the bed feeling warmer with him in it, I felt surrounded. My shoulder was against the wall, I gathered my arms closer to my abdomen so that we were not touching but it was useless.  Suddenly his arms hugged my waist, his fingers curling around my ribs.  I felt the strong pull of his hands, my heart started to beat faster, my breath shaking slightly.  I tried to move but it was practically impossible, especially when Rafe is the size of the bed.

  I was hyper aware of every movement he made, as the silence stretched, I began to relax my arms.  I shut my eyes, not wanting tomorrow to come.

***
I woke up to the sound of someone talking, I figured Barry has people over. I opened my eyes, a ray of sunshine blinded my vision.

Rafe was standing above me, putting on a shirt.

"We don't have much time, let's go." He said with clenched teeth, stuffing clothes and what seemed to be a gun in the duffel bag.

I stood up, putting on my shoes and rubbing my face with my palms. I looked up at him, his lips pressed together.

"We need to leave. Now." His chest heaved slightly as he spoke.  He grabbed a funnel bag, putting it over his shoulder. I walked up to him, pulling on his shoulder.

"Rafe wait-" before I could finish my sentence Rafe grasped my wrist almost gently with a angry intention.

"Don't ever touch me again, Pogue. Unless you want a round two, I said let's get going." He let go violently, his words sharp and harsh.

"I'm not going until you tell me where? As far as I know, you want to kill me."

"If I wanted to kill you, you would already be dead. It's after all my specialty, isn't it princess?" He had a smug smile, tracing his teeth with his tongue. He started walking, his legs moving faster and faster through the small compartment.

"Why did you do it? Why did you kill her?" I asked, my breath shaky at the thought. Peterkin did not deserve that, she was the only one that helped John B. and many other people, there has to be justice. I will hurt Rafe, the way he hurt Peterkin.

"Because I can, killing is nature, isn't it Estella?" He said my name slowly, I walked behind him, stepping off the porch. The sun finally reaching above the clouds warming my tan skin.

"Your a psychopath." I muttered under my breath, my breath hitched when he turned to me

"I prefer initiative." He tilted his head to the side. "Or rather smart, I saved my dad. That's all that matters do you hear me?" His tone was angrier now, his words spitting out like venom.

"Look at me and tell me, was it worth it? Did you smile when you took her life? Do you even feel bad for ending her life so soon?!" My hands were moving in the air in frustration, I was breathless from anger.