CHAPTER 13

"An apology?" I questioned, holding the towel with my middle finger as it slowly started slipping.

"Something like that." He watched me struggle as I finally dropped the gun to the ground.

"Turn around Rafe." I demanded as I waited, slightly panicking at the thought of hims seeing me naked. He kept eye contact with me until he rolled his eyes, folding his arms while turning around. "There's nothing to see." He scoffed.

"I could say the same for you." I quickly walked over to my dresser almost tripping on the towel dragging on the floor.  I threw the towel on my back, covering the rest of my body except for my exposed calves.

I exhaled angrily as the uncomfortable feeling of dry clothes collided with my wet skin. I finished dressing myself as I walked to my shower, turning the handle to turn it off.  The steam in the small compartment filled the air, clouding the large mirror on the wall.

"Why didn't you knock?" I dried my hair with the towel, putting it over my head.

"I did. You didn't answer so I opened the door." He inattentively looked at me, his lips buttoned.

"I could have shot you." I stood near him, crossing my arms, my eyes focused on the burn on his arm.

"Really?" He teased in a flirty raspy voice.

"What happened to your arm?" I looked closely, senselessly grabbing his arm gently, tracing around the swollen red area.

He withdrew his arm, starring down at it then clasped his hands, irritatingly looking up at me.

"Nothing too serious, as I was saying before, I have the money. Well, at least one third of it."

"And where is it? If this is another lie, I swear to-" I went on throwing my hands in the air.

"I will give it to you when I think you deserve it." He smirked mildly.

"Listen, I can't do anything today, I have to leave to the party. I owe someone money." I scratched my wrist, both disappointed and angry at him for choosing all the wrong days

"Great, were going there together, I'm waiting for you." He checked the vintage watch on his wrist as he looked around, opening my drawers and taking out clothes. "This looks about right." He handed me a short red dress, I sighed, watching him look through my underwear drawer.

"You won't find a dress there." I bit my lip shaking my head.

"I know." He smirked as he turned to me. "I'll be waiting outside, now hurry or I leave without you, and without me, you won't be getting paid." He checked his watch again, looking into my eyes as his lips curled into a smug smile. "I have a plan, you need to trust me on this, okay?" He started to walk away, not even staying to hear my response. What if I said no, I scoffed at his arrogance, how can someone be so haughty yet so pathetic.

"You need to trust me on this, okay?" I mocked in a derisive tone.

I put the dress on as I glided my hands over my body, sliding the silky material down. I didn't know exactly how I got this dress, but I had to admit, it was gorgeous.

I loved the way it wrapped around my waist, the thin straps over my shoulder, I shook my head. I need to hurry, I don't have time to admire myself in the mirror.

I grabbed the handle of the door while holding my heels. I felt like there was something I forgot, something important. I bit my tongue, trying to think.

I heard Rafe honking, I huffed, rolling my eyes back as I closed the door, locking it this time. I made my way through the stairs, practically jumping into his car.