CHAPTER 20

I was finally home.

Alive once again and away from the heavy polluted air.  I took a breath, savouring the salty air that I craved so much while I was away for three weeks.  My feet dug further into the sand as I walked towards a familiar house.
My first party since New York. It was at some kooks house but it was easy to get into. 

I walked into a crowd of yelling girls as they were being let in. I followed them inside, the house looked newly built, the interior was modern and out of my taste. The music was so loud I couldn't hear the group of girls yelling anymore. I walked over to the counter where the drinks were located, I grabbed myself a bottle of beer as I made my way to the living room, trying to locate Jj, Pope, or John B.  My thoughts were disturbed by an awful smell, I turned around to see slime coming out of someone's mouth with a deep breath after it got all over the sink. 

This was already overwhelming. I reached to open the door to the bathroom, hoping to have some alone time to smoke. But suddenly a hand grasped my arm, before I could take my arm away I noticed one of Rafes friends holding my arm up as if showing me to Rafe.

"What a surprise Pogue." The guy said still grasping me, I attempted to pull my arm away again but my drink spilled onto me more. Rafe's face was empty, as of he was starring at another pogue. I wouldn't say we had anything but we did. At least I thought so.

"Who let her in?" Rage said siping on his bottle again, leaning against the wall.

"Let go of me." I said yelling at him but he just kept pushing my arm against the wall.

"Who let you in pogue?" He yelled into my face, I winced at the smell of strong liquor and filthy sweat.

I brought my leg to his stocmache, hitting him harder than I wanted to. Rafe laughed leaning his head back watching his friend grimacing in pain.

"Welcome back." He scoffed annoyingly as he left.

"Thanks."I muttered under my breath.

It took me a while to get upstairs, dragging my legs up this stupid three story house.  I figured jj, John B., and Pope didn't make it here.  I sat in the dark room, the moon reflection shined through the window reflecting a window shaped shadow on the ground next to me.  I took out a bunt, rolling it tightly and lighting it. 

I leaned my head back against the unpleasantly cold wall.  Smoke seeped into my lungs and it felt like air was being blown back into me.  I huffed it out and repeated until I could get myself relaxed again. 

"I know where it is." I heard Rafes voice from the other room, I leaned my head closer to the wall that was between us.  It wasn't enough so I went into the closet, cupping my ear against the cold wall. 

"It will be hard to get but..." it was hard to hear the rest but I tried my best, closing my eyes hoping it could help me focus.  That's when I thought the best idea would be to enter the other room from the door in the bathroom.  I leaned against the door, I was aware of all the breaths I took, too worried he will hear me.

"If we.." their conversation was interrupted when the door I was leaning against swung open, making me stumble onto the floor and a pile of clothes that I pushed myself away from.  But Rafe's grip on my arm pulled me up against the wall.  It felt as if history was repeating itself.

"What are you doing here?" He said defensively until his cold fingers moved the hair form my face.  He laughed out loud leaning his head back.

"You just can't get enough can you?" He whispered aggressively into my ear, stepping closer to me.

"I was just smoking, I didn't mean to eve drop." I pushed him away, he stumbled back. He starred into my eyes with anger and something else I couldn't tell.  I eyed the blunt on the ground and wanted to reach for it but there was no use.