CHAPTER 5

"JJ? What the f*ck are you doing here?" I whispered at the sight of his blonde hair.

"We came to visit." He said entering the house while looking up at the high ceiling.  Turning his back to me as he studied the design on the door knocking rhythmically. "You said to find something to do."

"What do you mean visit? You can't be here!" I grasped his arm gently leading him to the door but he pushed me away.

"Is um Rafe here?" He pulled back with a smile, turning his blue cap backwards.

"No." I replied looking down at the floor.

"Then you don't mind if I give myself a tour of his room." He walked quickly to Rafe's room, decorated with golden framed pictures and design on his walls.

I leaned on the wall, watching JJ dig through his drawers, remarking every shirt.

"I could swear my grandma had the same shirt, I'm sure Rafe looks just as good in it." JJ said sarcastically.

He pulled out a transparent bag with a white powdery substance, cocaine.

"Now this is good stuff-"

"This is stupid." I rolled my eyes, I looked around hoping no one would see.

"Stupid things have good outcomes all the time." He said while putting his hands in the air.

"What are you thinking?" Jj asked as he laid on the bed, his dirty shoes leaving brown stains on his bed.

"Sell it, party, and get out of this house." I said with a smile.

"Now your starting to have fun, pogues for life baby."

"Don't get yourself into trouble and keep that gun away JJ."

"See you there Estella."

"Yes, see you." I whispered catching myself sighing.

I need to keep my friends away from the compass, this is on me and Rafe now.  No one else needs to be injured.

***
The sun burned my cheeks, the sand slipping into my shoes and the waves were heard from a mile away, I could already taste the salt.

I needed to find Rafe, figure out a solution.  If that's even possible.

My fingers curled around the red cup, I swallowed the bitter taste of beer, letting it warm my throat.

He was behind me, the sharp scent of his masculine perfume.

"What are you doing here?" Rafe said, harshly putting me against the tree.

"This seems familiar, you know, from the time I stole and you nearly killed me. I wonder what your dad would have said about you being at a party and not working your ass off." I smirked but suppressed the urge to back away.          

He was breathless with anger, his eyebrows lowered, I felt the heat that radiated from his body.  His hands were still wrapped around my shoulders digging my back into the tree.  I felt a warm drop roll down my back, I couldn't tell if it was blood or sweat. 

"Always trying to get into my head, I won't let you do that!" He yelled out in a whisper, his pearl white teeth showing and clenching with loath.  His strong hands pushed deeper into my skin, it felt like he would rip through my shoulder blade.

"Rafe, you're hurting me." I said, whimpering until he let go.  A crowd of curious people glanced at us as if it was a show.  Kooks will always be kooks.