CHAPTER 1

"I own you, filthy pogue." Rafe shouted harshly as his hands cupped my face brutally. His rings were leaving bruised indents on my skin.

I was on the ground, my elbows digging into the sand as I tried to push myself away from him. The dark clouds were peaking through the sunset as the warm wind brushed past us. I licked my dry lips tasting the ocean salt and smudged blood.

As I kept inching back the sand stuck into my wounds as I watched him. His maniac smile creeping over his face.

His leg met my stomach as I winced in pain, a horrible heating sensation on my stomach was changing into a large bruise, I tried to touch it but it only hurt more.

I whimpered quietly, trying to suppress the urge to cry out, my eyes were fluttering from both sand and stifled tears. I put my hand over my rib cage, I tried to stand up but couldn't. I didn't want to seem weak and helpless nor give him the satisfaction he wants.

I arched my back gasping for air, I need to stand up, I kept telling myself. He won't get away with this again.

I had a plan and I will get him back, I will make sure he will suffer.

My hand slid to the pocket of my black hoodie, the pocket knife steadily in my hand. I hid it behind my back as the wind skimmed my face pulling my hair into the direction of the wind.

His lips tugged into a smirk, he smiled as if he enjoyed seeing me in pain. I lifted my chin, even if he was standing above my helpless body, I am the one with a weapon.

I smiled hiding the pain and the soreness all over my body, I croaked through my dry throat that came out with a rasp.

"You know Rafe, or do you prefer the Kook king." I let out a slight chuckle, blood trailing down my lips onto my neck.

"You look so pathetic right now, hitting a girl Isn't so kook of you is it?" I continued to laugh, blood covering my white teeth.

Before I could defend myself, he squatted to my level, tightly grabbing my jaw so that I was facing him.

"You think your so tough, Estella." His lips curled into a devilish smile, blood smudged on his face from the fight.

"Look at you. You are a dirty thief that needs to be punished." He now moved his face closer to mine.
It was the perfect moment.

I moved quickly, my knife cutting a thin line on his arm, red blood oozing from his skin.

What terrified me was that it didn't faze him, the same smile was drawn on his face once again.

He grunted in pain, anger reflecting on his face. I aimed my knife at him again but he was quicker than I was. His strong grip was holding my wrist tightly, his nails digging into my skin leaving crescent mark on my wrist. The knife was on the ground, out of my reach.

"Don't try that again, love." He said in a hushed tone that sent shivers down my spine.

I was helpless now, my only weapon was out of reach, hidden in damp cold sand.

"It was a mistake. I was dared to come into your house." I lied through gritted teeth.

He put the cold blade on my neck, tracing a design lightly, barely touching my skin.

"Yes it was a mistake coming here, I saw you put the money into your pocket, my fathers money." He spoke calmly but I knew he was hiding his anger, the rage that made his soft touch so warm. He pushed the knife further into my throat, I felt a tinkle of blood roll down as he smudged it with his thumb.  I expected him to dig the knife into my chest with excitement, but instead he pushed it far enough to let some blood scare me.

"Don't come here again, Estella. If I see you or you'e friends come anywhere near my house or near anyone I know, I will do something horrible to you."

His voice was trailing into a whisper.

"You can't stop me from doing anything. I'm not scared of you. Your just a poor addict that has nothing better to do in life."

Before he could add another insult JJ and  John B were directly walking towards us as they were seen  from afar.

"Funny, you talk like you know me. Let this be a warning to you and your friends."

The knife slid to my collarbone, twirling the blade as he suddenly slit a small rip in my skin. I groaned, my heart racing.

He left quickly, driving away on his bike, his beat up face leaving the scenery.

"Shit." I mumbled under my slight breath. I was still on the ground my knife gone.

"Estelle what happened." Spoke Pope as he glared in shock.

"Kooks, f*cking hate them, they think they own us, just wait till we find the gold." JJ muttered as he bent down to help me up.

"Who was it?" John B spoke with rage as I could tell he tried to contain it.

"Take a guess, Rafe Cameron."

"Rafe, f*ck." JJ started to walk in circles as he came into realization. "I will f*ck him up, this-".    He pointed out his gun out of his pocket caressing it with his fingers "-will be a good use to us."

I smiled at his mischief idea as Pope flared at JJ.

"Put that away JJ, if someone sees that-" Pope spoke in a worried tone.

" I hope They do, just imagine all the kooks and their faces when I pull this on them." He smiled.

John B passed me his shirt to wipe out the crimson on my lip and body.

I let out a soft grunt as they all stared at me and my wounded bruised body.

"I think you need to be treated, I mean look at your lip, it's like you need stitches and serious-"

"Shut up Pope." JJ patted him in the back as he interrupted him. She just needs some bandages and a couple pills."

"Do we have beer in the trunk?" I winced but smiled.  Jj grinned as Pope tried to talk me out of drinking.

"Hell yeah we do!" He said a he put his arm over mine for support. He kept moving around as he explains show he would beat up Rafe, pulling his gun out of his pants and mimicking a gun sound with his mouth.

"Oh stop it JJ, enough with gun pointing." Pope rolled his eyes as JJ pointed it at him closing one eye.