"Okay. Are you able to race on Friday or do I need to call Jack over?"

"Yes the swelling should have gone down by then."

"Okay I think that's everything. Have a lovely birthday tomorrow and I'll see you on the flight out." Jost smiled and Emilia got up and left the room. Her grin she'd worn faded as soon as she'd exited the room. Jost was a horrible Team leader but what was worse is that he didn't realise it. He would have dropped her there, right on the spot if she had a hole in her contract. That infuriated her. The lift door opened and Emilia was about to get inside when she saw who was in it.

"I'm going to wait for the next one." Emilia said.

"No you don't need to it's fine come in." Lando replied. Emilia obliged stepping into the lift. "Your eye looks a lot better."

"Yeah it does." Emilia agreed.

"Another meeting with Toto?" Lando queried.

"Uh no this one was with Jost. It went way worse. Toto wasn't even mad once I explained." Emilia trailed off. It was so easy to talk to Lando about everything. But did she want to talk to him?

"Explain what?" Lando asked.

"We really need to talk." Emilia sighed.

"Yeah preferably without you walking away." Lando replied.

"I don't walk away."

"You did on Sunday, twice."

"I don't want to talk about Sunday."

"Well I do." Lando responded.

"What is there to say? I said I cared for you. You don't feel the same. Why do you want to talk about that? You want to laugh at me?"

"No Emi of course not."

"Then what?" Emilia asked waiting for a response. "Lando talk to me." Lando opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. Emilia did not have time to wait around for Lando to say something so she got out when the lift pinged.

That night Emilia went to bed early as they had an early flight to Japan the next day. That meant she'd be spending a proportion of her birthday flying. The team had brought her a cake on the flight that she and Christine had eaten most of by the time she'd landed. The videos filmed of her were tactful so that her black eye wouldn't be visible and cause more drama. She could see out both eyes though her vision was less good out her right eye as there was still some swelling.

Christine had given Emilia a new hairdryer that was easily portable and powerful enough to dry hair quickly. That gift had stemmed from Emilia constantly complaining about how the hairdryers in hotels were useless. George had given Emilia a lot of chocolate and a signed driver card which he claimed was a very rare and valuable gift to get. The flight had also given a gift of no turbulence. The seatbelt signs remained on only for taking off and landing which Emilia was grateful for.

Working out had been on Emilia's agenda but Christine let her off as it was her birthday which allowed Emilia to explore Japan. When she was getting changed out of comfy flying clothes, Emilia received a knock on her door.

"Mick, hey." Emilia greeted. The Haas driver was holding a box.

"Happy Birthday." Mick smiled handing her the present. She had no idea what was inside so she invited Mick in to see her open it. Emilia put the box down on the table crouching down as she pulled the ends of the bow. The box practically sprung open once she had untied the ribbon. Inside was a beautiful array of flowers that stuck to the pink and purple theme of Emilia's helmet.

"Mick they're beautiful." Emilia smiled looking up at the man sat on her bed. "Thank you so much. Can I hug you?" Emilia questioned not knowing where their boundaries where now that Mick was back with Justine.