𝑠𝑖𝑥 | 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢

Start from the beginning

"Skipping? What an insinuation. I'm hurt, see?" I showed him my bandages as he laughed slightly where his beautiful white straight teeth could be seen.

"What are you doing here anyway? Isn't basketball in the hall?" "Yes, but Coach said that we'd rather do some stretching outside today because it's warm."

"It's still a miracle to me that you really wanted to choose basketball voluntarily, Lahey." we both smiled at each other.

The individual team members walk behind Zack when I saw one with pitch-black hair, his eyes cold as ice, the worn Jordans, and the red shorts that I once saw on the way to the locker room.

I took a closer look at the face, and it was actually Ares. Without thinking what his real name is, I sit up. "Idiot." Three steps away from me and Zack stays after "Idiot." I called again when he stopped.

He turned and looked at me with a raised eyebrow. Oh, man, who looks angrier than usual. "I have a name if you don't know."

"I don't remember your name because I'm erasing unimportant things from my head, but we have to work on our project."

"No time." He said shortly and succinctly. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "You don't have time? I won't do it alone. Just give me your number, and then you can tell me when you have time."

"I don't have time, as you can see I'm doing something, not like others who just pretend their hand is injured." I looked at my bandage, then back up and without saying anything else, the idiot continued to walk down the stairs.

I couldn't believe how he was just talking to me like I was some piece of shit. Annoyed, I sat down on the seat while Zack looked down at me.

His gaze was puzzled and slightly shocked. "Please don't say anything. This guy is just a piece of shit." I leaned back.

"Ares is someone you need to get used to, he's actually not so..."

"Arrogant? Picked up? Egocentric? Ignorant? Mean?"

"I was going to say unsympathetic, but if you need the number, you can go to one of his friends. I would give it to you, but my phone is in the locker and I can't memorize it either." Zack pointed to a boy near the top of the stands.

"Do you see him? He is one of his closest friends, next to Mason. His name is Zeth, just ask him. He's really nice and tries to help people he doesn't know, really helpful, boy."

I nodded to Zack as our eyes met back. "Thanks, Lahey." "Always my pleasure Mitchell, but I have to go now, the team needs their captain." Zack walked away from me as I picked up my backpack and then walked up to Zeth.

I honestly hoped for success, I can't afford to do the work alone, plus it looks like Ares doesn't even realize how serious it is, and he wouldn't give me the number no matter how undamaged he is.

He acts as if I want to keep it, I would delete it immediately after delivery. I don't need unnecessary contacts where I know I'll never call anyway.

I sat down next to the boy, who was looking down at the boys.

He looks at them like he'd rather go down to his place, but can't.

"Hi." His gaze swings to me. "Hey." he seemed a bit surprised, but by looking at his entire face, I only now realize how beautiful he actually is.

Smooth, clear skin, hair that is black and not too long, styled in a center parting, as are his lashes that frame his light brown eyes. "I'm Aurora." I introduced myself and even held out my hand.

Which luckily he shook, "Zeth." I parted our hands again and looked down like he did earlier. "Why are you sitting up here?"

"My leg, it's sprained." I look at his legs and there I could really see that he had a splint on his left leg.