𝑂𝑛𝑒 | 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑝𝑖𝑑

Începe de la început

"But it doesn't matter now. So I have news. Today, when I took the bus, Logan was sitting in front of me." I looked at her as we walked through the big door and raised an eyebrow. "The football player?" "The captain of the football team." She corrected me, she pulled her backpack up her right shoulder slightly because it was slipping, and explained further with her hands making some movements in front of her.

"He has told Kaleb, who seems to have been talking to Paul, who in turn is acquainted with Lyle." She pointed her finger at the blank ground, one dot to the other, so it wouldn't be too confusing to understand her.

"She said she was throwing a party. It's supposed to be at her house because her parents are away, and we know exactly how damn big her house is, it's a fucking castle Aurora."

"We're not invited." We arrived at the classroom and sat down next to the window, Quinn behind me and I in front of her in the front row. I put down my backpack and turned to face her.

She leaned toward me to be able to continue talking to me without interrupting the class, which was already almost full. "We don't need an invitation as if we were five. With glitter and paper that only says the invitation to my birthday. It's the last year and her house is so big she wouldn't even know we were in the house."

I like partying, I really do, but to get good grades this year and the scholarship, I really have to work hard. I can't afford to go to Stanford if I don't get the scholarship.

"I have to learn," I said and looked down briefly when I looked back at Quinn, who couldn't understand me at all. "We have the first day. What do you want to learn? Blank sheets?"

"No, I would..." what would I learn? Look at the material from last year? Or say I'm learning and still just stare at the ceiling with headphones in my bed? "Well, no arguments, smartass? You used to be just partying, nothing but that, and now you're in your own world. I don't blame you, by no means, but I think it's the first day and that day doesn't immediately make your whole average worse."

She's right. It's the first day. I don't really have anything steady to study, so I nodded, Quinn clapped in her hands and lean back in her chair. "That's my best friend." When I turned to the front again and got my laptop out of my bag, a boy came into the class.

I saw his face for the first time in my life, maybe that's because he's in the back seat and I try to never turn backward as much as possible. He was talking to his friend walking right next to him.

His hair is black as pitch, his glance cold and hard, he looks nothing but bad. I watched him until he sat down in the second last row in the middle. His friend is right next to him.

He also has black hair, but it looks lighter, I see him hitting his pen on the paper as if trying to create a rhythm while talking to his friend.

He's noticing my gaze, he doesn't look at me for a few seconds as I quickly turned forward. This look, which was only for a fraction, gave me goosebumps under my sweater, which I put on today because it's colder outside than yesterday.

I didn't dare turn around again to see if he was looking at me or turning back to his speaking friend. I pulled out my phone and held it under the table just as I was about to text Quinn, which she was checking, so I don't have to turn around, but the teacher came in and greeted the class.

I put the phone away to concentrate on the lesson. Ms. Markus explained to us how the year will go and which topics we will go through, which in this case are our bodies, the plants, and also the organs of our bodies, fortunately for me too.

I need the material to be able to get far, at home I've already learned a lot about our bodies because I also want to become a surgeon, that's my only goal right now, and I definitely don't want to mess it up.

First of all, we have bones as a topic.

When Mrs. Markus starts to write on the blackboard and draws a diagram that doesn't look so good but is recognizable. She turns to the class and points the end of the pen to the organ she drew.

"So, can someone explain to me what kind of organ this is and what it is used for?" My hand immediately went up and Mrs. Markus took me. "This is our pancreas. The pancreas is responsible for metabolism and digestion essential: The hormones insulin and glucagon, which regulate the blood sugar level."

Ms. Markus asks me a few more questions about it, my answer short but full of The important Information. She nod. I see that as praise.

She drew something again, I turned to Quinn where I directed my gaze for her to answer. She nods and holds her hand up. Mrs. Markus pick her up, and immediately Quinn got the right answer. Sometimes you have to force your friends to succeed.

Everyone participated in the first lesson every time a new organ was drawn on the blackboard, most of the class hold one hand up except for the two students who are only there because their parents forced them to.

Quinn would have to if I didn't force her to talk in the lesson and pay attention. She knows what she has to say, she's not stupid, I talked to her about the human body so much that she definitely knows every part of it.

The slightly dark voice gives me shivers and when I look at who's talking I see the guy looking at me for a fraction.

He puts his hand back down on the table and looks blankly at Mrs. Markus while he sits up and chews his gum. "These are our kidneys. It ensures that toxins and waste products are excreted from the body through the urine."

I am amazed by his long and even correct answer. We continued, his friend also spoke up. I don't turn to him as often anymore and focus more on helping Quinn and me. Now came the last organ, it was the lungs. Again, all hands jumped up. Really everyone this time. Everyone reports, me too. Then a girl was taken who sat in the middle.

I look briefly over my shoulder at the guy. He plays with the pen between his index and middle finger. He's not as stupid as he looks. He's looking at me too. He grins. I'd love to scratch that stupid grin off his face. I don't know what it is, but I don't like him. Not at all.

Ms. Markus continued by handing us sheets with the organs we just discussed and said that this is our homework when the bell rang.

I got up and packed my things. Then, when I look to the side I see the idiot walking by next to me, he says in a short time with a stupid grin. "You're not that stupid." Then he walks out with his friend.

Okay, and that means what??

That stupid. Does he even listen to himself, or has he said too much in class that his brain cells are no longer working? I knew that it was not just a feeling, and see here is the proof.

"A for this lesson, check." Quinn came to me. "Stupid," I repeat to her. "Stupid?" She raised her eyebrow. But I really don't feel like explaining it to her because I'm so annoyed that I just want to get out for the next lesson.

"Does not matter. Come on, let's go." she nodded, and we left the classroom.