Chapter Thirty Five: Recovering

I opened my eyes and glanced to the side at Lix. He was sound asleep and I was glad he was OK. I tried to sit up but the intense stabbing pains shooting through my abdomen made me stop.

She had broken two of my ribs, fractured my skull, and broken my nose. The knife blade had also narrowly missed my liver. I knew she was crazy but I hadn't realised how bad it was. I felt like someone had just chewed me up and spat me back out. The police had told me they didn't even know how I had stayed conscious long enough to remember the confrontation. Let alone protect anyone in the room.

"J-Jinnie?" His voice was quiet and I raised my gaze. His voice drew me out of my thoughts, and brought me back to reality. I turned my aching head and looked at him. He was sat up and rubbing sleep from his eyes.

"Are you ok baby?" I asked quietly.

"Never mind me. The only reason I'm here is because I'm stressed. Are you ok?" He asked. I smiled slightly and gently nodded.

"I'm fine. A little sore but I'm good." I replied quietly. Lix slowly turned and placed his shaky feet on the floor. They had unhooked him from his machines and he was allowed to come and sit with me now which was all I wanted. He slowly moved the chair and sat next to me. The doctors wanted to give him a psyche evaluation before he left. The only times he would wake were when the sedation wore off.

Felix was suffering in a way I had never seen him suffer. He would be fine, and suddenly collapse to the floor and convulse violently. Sometimes he would scream in his sleep, and I was certain it was PTSD. The police had pointed out that Poppy had technically, repeatedly sexually assaulted him, and his brain was clearly a bit broken from everything that had happened.

"I'm so sorry Jinnie. I wish I could have protected you better. I promised I would stop letting you get hurt, and now look." He frowned and I reached my hand out to his face. He placed his chin on my hand and I rubbed his cheek with my thumb.

"Baby, I knew what we were going into. I knew this would happen. I'm just glad we're safe now. I love you and nothing is standing in our way." I said softly.

"Hey Jinnie, I wanted to tell you first... But I'm ready to tell my Mom about us. I can't handle not being with you anymore. I can't handle pretending you're not my everything." He said softly. I smiled brightly and closed my eyes again.

"I'm proud of you Lix. You know I'll stand behind you no matter what." I replied happily. He leaned down and pressed his lips to my cheek tenderly. I rested my hand on his back and I wanted him to stay by my side forever.

"F-Felix?" He quickly whipped his head around, to the sound of the small voice in the doorway.

"Mom?!" I opened my eyes and slowly turned my head. This was not good.

"Wh-What are you doing?" She asked with a disappointment in her voice I had never heard before.

"Mom, I was gonna tell you, I didn't want you to find out like this!" He said quietly.

"This isn't what I think it is. I know it can't be. My son isn't gay." She shook her head and I frowned. How could she be so supportive of me but deny her own son his happiness?

"Mom. I'm going to say this, once and only once and I want you to hear it." He stated firmly. He took my hand and squeezed it.

"Felix." She warned as she glared at us.

"I am in love. With Hyunjin. I'm gay Mom, and nothing you do or say is going to change that. I nearly lost him yesterday trying to be the son you want, and I refuse to do it. He means the world to me Mom. He's my reason to smile and I refuse to hide it." He stated firmly.

"He turned you gay!" She shrieked and put her hand to her mouth. I was about to protest, but Lix was already losing it.

"Mom, for fucks sake! He didn't turn me gay. I am gay. You should be thanking the heavens I have him or I might already be dead and buried somewhere because of that bitch!" He said angrily. She was in tears, but I knew Lix wasn't going to comfort her. She had no reason to be homophobic.

"You are never seeing him again! I'm getting you moved to a different hospital. Felix come here." She pleaded. He stood firm. He stroked my hand reassuringly.

"No Mom. I'm an adult. I can make my own decisions. My decision is Hyunjin. Why can't you accept that I'm in love?" He asked sadly.

"It's not love! It's him. He's turned you! I knew I should never have let you share a house with him. You're not gay, you're confused. That's it, you're confused." She carried on rambling to herself.

Then she made a statement that I never thought she would.

"It's me or him Felix. No son of mine is going to be gay." She folded her arms and sniffed slightly. The emotion was replaced by anger and Felix scoffed. I could feel him shaking, and his jaw clenched shut tightly. His lips pursed together and he was about to lose it. I could tell.

"Get out." He growled.

"Wh-What?" She looked horrified.

"No mother of mine is going to stare at the man who saved my life and act like he's scum for being gay."

"F-Felix!" She stamped her foot and looked wholeheartedly offended. "Wait, you're gay? I thought you were bisexual!" She directed her gaze at me.

"Surprise." I said jovially. I was in no mood to get into a deep conversation about my sexuality.

"That's disgusting!" She practically spat at me in horror.

"Do I need to repeat myself? I've made my choice. It's him. You aren't going to brow beat me into living the life you want me to live. I love Hyunjin with everything I have. My choice will always be him. Now get out. I don't want him upset whilst he's trying to recover." He stated. I couldn't help tears forming in my eyes.

The old Lix would never have done this. He would have hidden and pretended he was straight. This new Lix, was my Lix. The one I had always known was in there. The one who finally stood up for himself.

"Well, I never!" She turned to leave, and a thought, a very sad thought, popped into my head.

"Ms Lee," I croaked out. She stopped and turned to glare at me.

"I wish my coming out story had been Felix's. He deserves that." She shook her head and stormed out. I was prouder of Lix than I had ever been.

"I love you Jinnie." He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my head softly and I smiled.

"Kiss me Lix." I murmured. He smiled and pressed his lips to mine and I wrapped my arm around his neck.

"I love you more than anything Lix. You're my home." I said softly.

"You're my world Jinnie. I'm never letting anything get between us." I kissed him again and smiled slightly as he pushed his tongue into my mouth.

The sooner I was healed so we could be together again, the better.

-----------
My Hyunlix 😭😭😭😭

They're both so broken but so cute and I just wanna hug them.

Fuck you Poppy!

What did you guys think?

Thank you for reading, ILYSM!