Chapter Three: Moving In

We pulled up on the perfectly paved driveway, and I glanced sideways. Hyunjin looked positively exhausted. I rubbed the back of his head affectionately and we both grinned at each other. He let out a loud long yawn and rubbed his eyes.

"Are you doing OK Hyunjin?" I asked quietly. He nodded and rested the back of his head against the firm car seat. He closed his eyes and took a few seconds of much needed peace. I reached down and grabbed his drink from the cup holder.

I carefully unscrewed the top and gently held it to his lips. His arms must be aching from all the driving, and I wanted to try and help him in any way I could.

"Thank you Lix." He said sweetly. I smiled as I screwed the lid back on to the fizzy drink.

"You can go and check the place out if you want Hyung. I'll start unloading the car!" I suggested happily. I clambered out of the car and stretched my awkwardly long legs. They were falling asleep. I shook them and gently massaged them as I stood in the driveway. I noticed Hyunjin staring at me intensely. His eyes were dancing over my body absorbing every inch of it as they went.

I pulled a stupid face at him through the window and I saw him laugh. I could tell, from the look on his face, he still wasn't used to my new style.

Neither was I.

"Let's check it out together Lix." He suggested as he also got out of the car and stretched. He tucked his hair behind his ears and smiled at me. His dimples were on full display and I followed as we both walked up to the house.

"This place is much bigger than I thought it would be!" I gushed as we looked around at the empty space. Bright sunlight flooded the empty lounge, and my deep voice echoed back from the high ceilings.

"It's really nice. My parents wanted us to live somewhere comfortable." He stated softly. I was so grateful to Hyunjin. My Mom worked her butt off to provide for me. Especially since Dad had abandoned us when I was four. His family felt like my family and I was so grateful that I had them all in my life.

Hyunjin's family were wealthy, and they treated me like their own son. Even when I protested, and didn't want to accept things. They never took no for an answer.

"Lixy, I'm so excited!" Hyunjin took my arm in one of his large hands and squeezed gently. I patted his hand and could help grinning at him.

"Me too! Can you believe we're college students now?" I asked. "We've got our own place! Just like we always said we would!"

"What do you say when unpack the car and then we go get some food?" He suggested. I nodded in agreement. My stomach was starting to growl, but I would rather get the car unpacked first.

We both raced down to the car and began unpacking the stacked bags. It felt so good to finally be here, and I couldn't wait to start living as adults. We could finally make our own rules!

Once we were done, we had decided to go and explore. We found a cafe a short walk from our house and decided we didn't want to walk any further.

The humidity was high today, and there were no clouds to break the insufferable sunshine that beat down upon us. We were seated at a table in the window and I began looking over the short menu.

A huge greasy burger and plenty of delicious salty fries later I was stuffed. I patted my bloated stomach and leaned back against the soft chair. I felt like I might pop if I ate another thing.

"I'll pay hyung. You drove here." I said as I reached for my battered leather wallet. Before I had a chance Hyunjin had pulled his card out and handed it to the waitress.

"Lix. Don't worry. I told you, I'm gonna be here for you. I don't want you stressing about this stuff." He smiled warmly at me, and I blushed a little. I always felt guilty that I could never pay him back for things.

"O-Ok hyung, thank you." He reached out and gently squeezed my arm.

"Why don't we go and assemble our beds? Mom and Dad said they arrived last week. We can unpack tomorrow!" He stood and clapped his hands together, and I slowly rose to my feet. He accepted his card from the waitress and we left.

A few hours later, we collapsed onto his freshly made bed. We were both sweating and shirtless. The sun had been beating down on us, and even opening the windows did little to get rid of the overwhelming heat. I rested my hand on my rapidly moving chest and stared out at the sky. I could see some gray clouds on the horizon and I would give anything for them to be here now. Anything would be better than the sun.

"Thanks Lix. At least we'll be able to sleep tonight." Hyunjin chuckled and I was brought out of my thoughts. I nodded and smiled softly.

"Can we assemble my bed tomorrow? I think I might die in this heat if we do it today." I murmured, as I wiped some large beads of sweat from my forehead.

"Yeah, you can stay in here tonight." Hyunjin offered as he patted his bed lazily.

"I'm gonna get showered." I sat up and stretched my arms above my head. My body was aching and screaming for some relief after I had twisted and contorted it into the most awkward positions.

"Me too." Hyunjin stood and we both went to our respective bathrooms.

The rest of the evening was relatively tame as we settled down together to eat and watch funny videos on our phones. We ended up drinking way too much, but we had a really good evening.

It was only eight pm and I was exhausted. I could see Hyunjin's eyes slowly closing as he fought off the sleep he so desperately needed.

"Come on hyung. Let's go to bed." I offered my hand out to him and he accepted gratefully. I pulled him to his feet and he practically fell into my arms. I chuckled and wrapped my arm lightly around his waist. He placed his hand in my back pocket and we began walking together. He rested his head on my shoulder as I led him up to his room.

We got into the bedroom and I quickly stripped down to my underwear. Despite Hyunjin bring gay, I never felt uncomfortable around him, and he had never made anything awkward. There was a mutual understanding that we were family and I knew he didn't care if I was half clothed or not.

"Want me to put a movie or something on?" I asked. We hadn't set up the TV but I had Netflix on my iPad. It would do for tonight.

"Yeah, it'll be nice to fall asleep listening to something." Hyunjin mumbled. His voice was heavy with sleep, and I knew he would pass out shortly. I turned on a stupid comedy we had seen a hundred times and set the tablet by my pillow.

"Can you see it OK hyung?" I asked.

"Mhm," he breathed out. He rolled over and wrapped his arm around me loosely. His skin was warm against mine, and I always found it comforting sleeping next to him. He had been my safety for many years, and I knew we would be best friends forever. I closed my eyes and listened quietly to the sound of the gentle rain tapping against the window, and Hyunjin's heavy breathing.

-------------
Word count: 1315

Oooooo sharing a bed eh? 😏😏😏

Also I want a friend who looks out for me in the small ways like Lix.

Let me know what you think

And watch out for the next chapter it's gonna be a good one!