Chapter Twenty Four: Birthday Surprise

(hunnjinsbuttsheeks I promised you a chapter so here you go!)

Felix and I had the most fun car ride we had ever had. We sang along to music loudly and just spent time unwinding from all the drama. It felt so good to spend time together. Even if I couldn't rip his clothes off. We chatted happily about things we wanted to do together during the summer.

"Ugh I'm so tired." I whined. I rubbed my eyes delicately and yawned loudly.

"I never thought I would live to see a day where Hwang Hyunjin willingly woke up before nine." Felix teased. I shoved him lightly and he chuckled. He climbed out of the car and I watched as he stretched his legs and arms. His stomach showed slightly as he lifted his arms and I gazed at him. God he was hot.

He saw me gawping and quickly lifted his shirt before dropping it again. I averted my gaze and got out of the car, embarrassed that I had been caught. The sound of his laughter filled the air.

"That wasn't very fair." I pouted as I looked at him and he quickly wrapped his arms around me. I rested my forehead on his chest as he rubbed my back gently.

"I thought you might want a reward after driving all that way Jinnie. If you didn't like it..."

"No! Don't you dare. Thank you Lixy." I looked at him with wide eyes and he smiled brightly at me, like the little ball of sunshine he was. I quickly kissed him.

"That's more like it." He wrapped his arm around my waist and I draped my hand over his shoulder. It was good to get away from college. Away from drama. Away from Poppy.

"Mom! Dad! We're here!" I called loudly as we entered the hall. Felix closed the door and came to join me. The house was silent.

"They must be out." I murmured. I nodded for Lix to follow and we headed up to my old room. We ditched our bags on the floor and I collapsed onto my familiar comfy bed. God I missed this bed.

"Well... We're alone." Lix said as he closed my door. I lifted my head and looked at him. He was smirking and I knew exactly what he meant. I stood up, but before I had a chance to move he practically tackled me back onto the bed. We both laughed loudly and he rested his head on my chest as we lay there.

"How are you feeling Lix? Your face is looking better." I murmured as I pulled his chin up to get a better look at his bruising. He shrugged and moved his face out of the grasp of my hand.

"It doesn't hurt that much. Surprisingly Chris doesn't punch as hard as you. Yours was way more painful." He said. I rolled my eyes and smiled slightly. I knew what was coming.

"Alright! Alright! Enough of the guilt trip we all know I punched you!" I huffed.

"And the rest! You have surprisingly sharp knees Hyunjin." Lix shuddered and I pushed him off of me playfully. I folded my arms and looked away from him.

"If you're gonna bully me, then you don't get to cuddle me." I pouted as I spoke and he laughed.

"Awwww Jinnie! I'm sorry!" He hugged me again and I pretended to be upset and sniffed slightly. He began aggressively planting kisses all over my face and I couldn't help laughing, as I told him to stop.

"Ew gross. Get a room." He stopped and we both looked to see Gracey in the doorway. Neither of us had heard the door open.

"Uh, I'm in my room. You're the one stood watching you perv." I said flatly.

"Nice to see you sneaking around as always Gracey." Lix jibed. I couldn't help a half laugh escaping me and she glared at us.

"Mom wants to see you both." She flipped me off as she walked away. Lix got to his feet and helped me to mine. He wrapped his arms around me before he let me leave and we shared a tender kiss.

"I love you Jinnie."

"I love you too Lix."

"Hey babies!" Mom said as she began fussing over us. We both stood and accepted it and Lix politely hugged her. She checked his face and gasped at his bruises. He had disguised them during the party, but they were out on full display today.

"You ok Mom? Gracey said you wanted to see us?" I asked confused as to why I had been called down here.

"Oh yeah! So you'll never guess who's here!" She practically dragged us through to the lounge and there sat one of the last people I wanted to see.

Marissa.

"Hey cuz." She smirked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh you two have met?" Mom looked between us. I realised she had no idea about what had happened between us all.

"If you call, aggressively ringing my doorbell just to be a bitch, meeting. Then yeah. We've met." Lix slapped my arm and glared at me.

"Yeah, we've met. Hi Marissa, it's nice to see you again." Felix lied politely.

"Gracey wanted me to come visit and I figured as we have a couple of days off next week we would come down. What are you two doing here?" She asked suspiciously. Like it was any of her business.

"Oh, it's my Mom's Birthday. So we figured we would come down and spend a day with her. I never miss her Birthday." Lix said proudly. The look on Marissa's face told me she was up to something, I just didn't know what.

"It's a long drive to do on your own. I didn't even know you had a car." I said. I was probing to see if I was going to get some answers.

"Oh no, Chris drove us down. He'll be back in a minute. Gracey wanted to meet him." She said. Our eyes never broke contact, but I missed an important detail.

"Chris didn't say he was coming. It'll be great to see him!" Felix lied again. I knew he was afraid of Chris. He was more afraid of what Chris could do to him, but I doubted they would ever see eye to eye.

"Yeah, it'll be great to see him." I echoed coldly.

"Hyunjin, are you OK? You seem a little off?" It wasn't a question from my Mother. It was a warning. A warning to be nice before she decided to scold me.

"Sorry Mom. It was a long drive, and I'm a little tired." I said quietly. Chris suddenly appeared and I saw Lix shrink back slightly. I smiled at him and he came to embrace me.

"Bro! What are you doing here?" He asked happily as he slapped my back.

"It's my parents house, I should be asking you that question shouldn't I? You didn't tell me you were coming down!" I said with a huge grin. He laughed and and shrugged.

"It was kind of last minute, Marissa said she wanted to come so I brought them both down." He smiled brightly and I assumed he misspoke.

"Hi Lix," Chris waved at him in a friendly manner, as Lix peeped over my shoulder. He nodded politely, but held my arm like his life depended on it.

"Who's both of them?" I asked. I needed to be sure this wasn't what I thought.

"Well, Marissa and Poppy-"

"Poppy's here?!" Lix looked around wildly. He was like a caged animal who had been forced into a corner, trying to find an exit when there were none.

"Yeah, she said her friend's Mom lives over on Miroh Street? I just dropped her off there." My eyes fell on Lix and he was staring at me.

She couldn't seriously be doing this.

"J-Jinnie," he breathed out the word.

"I'll get my keys."

------------

Eeeeeeeeeeeekkkk

What is Poppy up to?

Will these two ever get time to themselves?

Thank you for reading.

ILYSM