Chapter Twenty Foive: Momma Lee

I rushed to the door before Hyunjin had even made it out of the car.

Why the hell was Poppy at my house? I banged at the door loudly and called for my Mom to open up. What if Poppy said anything?!

"Felix?" My Mom looked shocked as she opened the door.

"Hey Mom, how are you?" I asked as my eyes darted around behind her, searching for any signs of Poppy.

"I'm good, I'm surprised you didn't arrive with your girlfriend. Did she not come down with Hyunjin and you?" She asked as Hyunjin arrived behind me.

"M-My what?" I asked. What the hell was going on?

"Stop being silly. Come inside, and you Hyunjin dear. It's good to see you." She embraced us both and dragged us through the threshold. My great weekend escape was fast becoming a nightmare. Was this chick crazy?

"Oh Lixy!" Her voice was sweet and high pitched and I couldn't help feeling slightly afraid.

"H-Hey Pops. What are you doing here? I thought you couldn't make it this weekend." I lied as I tried to get an answer from her. I saw Hyunjin's jaw tighten, and I wanted to reach for his balled up fist. But I couldn't.

"I wanted to surprise you, and your Mom of course. She's so sweet!" Mom giggled and sat down. I stood. I was in complete disbelief.

"Sit down Lix. You're making the place look untidy." Mom said as she tapped my arm. I slowly entered and sat on the sofa. Hyunjin picked the chair in the corner and I was horrified as Poppy moved and sat right next to me.

She placed a kiss on my cheek and I saw Hyunjin tense up. Was this really happening?

"Aw, aren't you two just the cutest!" Mom cooed over us. Poppy giggled and took my hand in hers. My palms were sweaty and I felt her death grip around my small hand. "Aren't they cute Hyunjin?" Mom asked. I turned to look at him and my eyes must have been as wide as saucers.

"Just. The cutest." He said through gritted teeth. I smiled sadly at him and he stood.

"I'm gonna go, Lix are we still up for that drink later? Remember me you Riss and Chris were gonna go out, and then stay at my house?" I could see he couldn't bare being in this situation and was simultaneously trying to save me from it, but I knew Mom wouldn't allow it.

"Nonsense. He's only just arrived! Besides I wanna hear how you two got together." My Mom said.

"I'll come see you out, hyung." The last word stuck in my throat. But I couldn't risk an already tense situation getting worse by me calling him anything else. Poppy tapped her cheek lightly, indicating that I should kiss it. My lips barely grazed her cheek before I quickly followed Hyunjin out of the room.

"What the actual fuck?!" Was all he hissed as we stood just outside the door.

"Jinnie... How do I even get out of this?!" I asked. Poppy had seriously stalked me to my mothers house. I had never had her down as crazy, but now I knew she was.

"I-I... I don't know. Let me see what I can do Lix. Please be careful and hold tight." He gently rested his hands on my shoulders and his lips pressed to my forehead.

"I love you, I'll see you soon." I whispered.

"I love you too. I promise I'll get you out of this." He slowly walked away, and I watch as my only sense of security in this fucked up mess, drove away.

"You two are always whispering together. The neighbours will talk!" I rolled my eyes and sat in the chair Hyunjin had just vacated. It was still warm and the faintest whiff of his addictive cologne entered my nose.

"Sit next to your girlfriend Felix! She's going to think you don't like her!" Mom instructed. If only she knew the truth. I slowly stood and sat next to Poppy. She wrapped her arm through mine and held my hand firmly once more.

"Mom can I have a drink, I'm a little warm?" I asked quietly. She rolled her eyes and excused herself. Once she was safely out of ear shot I glared at Poppy.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I hissed. She smirked slightly.

"Don't worry Felix, play along and I won't tell your Mother your dirty little secret." She said.

"Thanks Mom!" I practically shouted as she arrived back in the room. I ripped my hand from Poppy's and accepted the ice cold glass of lemonade from her.

"So, how did you two meet?!" She asked excitedly.

"Well, Lixy and I were paired on a lot of projects together after you know, his fall out with Hyunjin." I glared at her. Had she been discussing that with my Mom?!

"I never liked him anyway. He was always fighting." Mom said. I focused my gaze back on her.

"Yeah Mom, to stop me getting ten bells of hell beaten out of me." I reminded her. She waved her hand as though it had never happened.

"And he wasn't very studious."

"He made it into the same college as me!" I was getting angrier by the second.

"And then there were the boyfriends. Oh God. I'm so glad my Lix isn't like that." Tears were pinching at my eyes and I had to try by best to conceal them. How could anyone speak that way about Hyunjin.

"So, we worked together and then we went to a party, and Lix wasn't feeling good," she explained, "so I sat with him whilst he threw up. Then the next day I went over to his house and brought him some water and food and he asked me on a date." I couldn't believe her warped version of events, but I had to smile and pretend it was true.

For Mom's sake.

"Awww, I knew Lix would find a nice girl once he got to college. I told you Lix! Nice clothes and a good haircut go a long way." She smiled brightly and I nodded.

"And then, Hyunjin moved out of their house, so now it's just Lix and I staying there. It'd wonderful. We spend time watching movies, and hanging out with friends." She sighed dreamily and I began wondering if she was buying into her own delusions.

"That's so good to hear. I hope you're both being safe though. I'm not ready to be a granny yet!" Poppy and Mom laughed and I thought I was about to puke. The thought of sleeping with anyone other than Jinnie was repulsive. Especially sleeping with a girl.

"What about you Lix, what happened to your face?" Mom examined my bruises and I shrugged.

"That was Hyunjin and his new friends." Poppy blurted out before I could speak. Mom gasped in horror.

"Oh my God! Felix why are you still friends with him?!" Mom asked angrily.

"Mom Hyunjin didn't lay a finger on me. Well actually he did, but this wasn't him. This was Chris." I tried to explain but by the end of it Mom was sick of listening.

"I think you should stop spending time with Hyunjin. With a girlfriend like Poppy, you don't need friends like that." Mom stated.

"What kind of friends Mom? The kind who stick their neck out for me? The kind who is there to dry my tears any time I need m them. Or is it the fact his isn't straight?"

"Lix!" Poppy slapped my arm and glared at me.

"Don't you dare young man. After everything I've done for you!"

I glared angrily at the floor and one question kept replaying in my head over and over.

Is this what it felt like to have a stalker?

-------------------------------------‐--

OMFG. POPPY IS IN HIS HOUSE!?!?!?!

What do you guys think?

Please remember to vote and comment.

ILYSM