Chapter Thirty Three: Comforting Han

He sobbed into my chest after watching his sister getting carted off by the police, and I knew there wasn't a damn thing I could say to make it better.

"Ji-Ji you're gonna make yourself ill." I was shaking, and trying to stay strong for him. I had no idea what he'd been through all these years. It must be terrifying living in his world.

"I-I'm sorry." He choked out between sobs. I squeezed him and rocked him gently as I sat on the kitchen floor. The house was buzzing with activity and I just wanted it to stop.

"Don't apologise baby. Let it all out. I just don't want you making yourself sick. You did so well, and I'm so proud of you. But if you ever stand that close to someone waving a knife again, I'll die." I said quietly. The thought of her stabbing him had almost made me collapse. I was more angry that I hadn't been able to run to his rescue.

"I-I thought I could r-reason with her." He said. I rubbed his back as we sat on the floor. I was just grateful we were alive. His sister was terrifying, and I had genuinely believe she was going to kill us all.

"Baby, it's ok. Everything is OK. You did so well. I'm so proud of you." I stroked his hair and pressed my lips against his forehead. "I love you Ji-Ji. I mean it. This has opened my eyes. I never want you to suffer again. I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life showing you what real love is."

"R-Really?" He asked quietly. He was still sniffing and trying to control his emotions. His tear stained puffy cheeks and sad eyes were breaking  my heart.

"Really." I gently wiped his cheeks and smiled at him. I hadn't even realised I had tears in my own eyes, until they started falling.

"I love you too Minnie." He whispered. He pressed his forehead to mine, and we both stared at each other, gently dabbing the others cheeks as tears fell.

"That was terrifying. I thought I was gonna lose you. If Hyunjin hadn't been there..." I shuddered slightly.

"I know. H-He saved us all." He stated sadly. I saw his face screw up and I pulled his head into my shoulder as tears began flowing heavily again.

"I'm sure he'll be OK. Hyunjin is a fighter." Han squeezed me so tightly I could barely breathe. I never wanted to move from this spot. I never wanted Jisung to be out of my arms. I never wanted to worry about losing him again.

"Are you her brother?" A police officer asked Jisung as he stood in front of us. He looked up and nodded. He frowned and handed Jisung an envelope.

"She asked us to pass this on." He said quietly before walking away. Jisung tucked it away and cuddled back into me. I could feel him twitching slightly and a small whine would escape him every so often. He was exhausted, traumatised, hurt. His body didn't want to deal with it anymore. I encouraged him to sleep, even though he insisted he couldn't.

"I promise I will be right here when you wake up. I'm not going anywhere baby." I pressed my lips to his and stroked his arm softly. He closed his eyes and leaned into me. It didn't take long for him to become a dead weight in my arms.

"You ok Hyung?" Chris walked over and slid down the wall until he was sat next to me. I noticed a cut on his arm and frowned.

"What's that?" I asked pointing to the wound that was bleeding.

"Ah, it's a scratch. She caught me with the knife. I'm ok though." He hugged his knees and rested his head back against the wall.

"Hyunjin?" I asked hopefully. He shrugged and frowned.

"I dunno. Lix said he'll update me when he gets some news. But I haven't heard anything." He mumbled. Hyunjin had been rushed in a couple of hours ago after he collapsed. He was bleeding heavily and none of us knew if he was going to be ok.

The worst part had been hearing Lix sobbing over his lifeless body and apologising. He had begged Hyunjin to come back and be ok. It had nearly killed all of us.

"How's he doing?" Chris nodded towards the small sleeping boy in my arms and I sighed.

"He's devastated. He's blaming himself, and he's exhausted. Honestly Chris, I thought he was gonna die." I mumbled.

"I-I know. I'm sorry I stopped you. I just didn't want her to lash out." He apologised quietly.

"I love him Chris. I'm in love with him. He's my world and I don't ever want anything to happen to him. He's been through so much, and now I'm determined to show him what it's like to be happy." I said with a small smile.

"I'm glad you're happy hyung. I've been thinking it's about time I found someone. Riss is fun, but I want something more." He said thoughtfully.

"Isn't it funny how almost dying can change your perspective on life?" I asked. He smiled and nodded slightly.

"I've been reflecting a lot. I want what Hyunjin and Lix have, or what you and Han have. I want something real for a change." I nodded and began rubbing Han's arm as he moaned unhappily in his sleep.

"You'll know when you find it Chris. Should we go to the hospital and check on Lix? I bet he's a mess right now." I suggested. Chris grinned.

"Yeah, I think we should be there for him, and Hyunjin." He said as he tapped my leg. He stood and stretched his limbs and suddenly Riss burst in.

"Where the fuck were you?!" She asked angrily. I shushed her and pointed to Han. She rolled her eyes.

"Sorry Riss. I don't know if you've noticed all the police, but we all almost died. I've been a bit preoccupied." He snapped.

"Oh, well next time, maybe text me before you abandon us!"

"Oh yeah, sure whilst trying not to he stabbed, I'll remember to text you to tell you I'm gonna be running late." He snapped. I shushed them both as Han stirred. They fell silent and I stroked his hair gently.

"Go back to sleep baby, everything is OK. You're safe. Everything is fine." I comforted as he whined slightly. I kissed his forehead and rocked him gently in my arms. I glared at the two of them and protectively covered Ji-Ji's ears.

"We're done Riss. It's been great but I'm not your lap dog." I heard them continue bickering as they left the room. Gracey was left standing awkwardly, staring at me and Jisung.

"If you're here to make another advance, please don't." I said sadly.

"I-Im not. What happened? Where are my family?" She asked quietly. I completely forgot that she had returned home to bedlam. Ms Lee entered, glanced at Jisung and I, shook her head and led Grace out of the room.

I rolled my eyes.

"Fucking homophobes." I murmured as I carefully tended to Jisung. His eyes flickered open and I frowned.

"Minnie..." he said softly. I nodded and stroked his face with the back of my hands.

"What is it sweetie?" I asked quietly.

"Can we go lie down? I'm so tired and I just want to be comfortable." He murmured. I nodded and carefully got to my feet. He wrapped himself around me like a koala bear and I carefully carried him. His head was flopped on my shoulder and he barely had the energy to lift it.

"Don't worry Ji-Ji. I'm gonna be here for you, every step of the way." I mumbled.

"I love you Minnie. I really, really love you." He mumbled. I smiled to myself as we made our way upstairs.

The only thing troubling me now was whether one of my best friends was ok or not.

----------------

POOR BABIES.

Also fuck off Riss.

Ms Lee showing her wonderful homophobic colours.

LET'S SEE WHO ELSES LIFE IM GONNA TRASH.

Thank you for reading.

Ilysm.