Chapter Eleven: Reunited

I took the last sip of my beer and placed the empty bottle on the side. I was going to that party and Lix couldn't stop me. My parents were paying for the house after all. Even though the hurt made my stomach turn every time I looked at him. I hoped he would be drunk, and vulnerable. It seemed to be the only time I could get anywhere near him.

He would be angry at me of course. I had hurt him. I wanted him to feel the same way as me. My heart ached and I could barely stomach any food. The only thing that had kept my head above water, was drinking, and the new friends I had made.

I grabbed my shirt and began buttoning it. I left the top three undone as usual and pulled on my tight pants.

 I left the top three undone as usual and pulled on my tight pants

I tied my hair up and added some accessories. I stepped into the lounge and Chris, Leeknow and Seungmin were messing around on my xbox together.

"I'll catch you guys later." I murmured as I grabbed my coat.

"Someone is looking cute." Leeknow winked at me. I smiled slightly and flipped him off.

"Where's Jisung? Isn't it about time you finally fessed up to him?" Leeknow blushed heavily and threw a cushion in my direction. I laughed as I exited the small apartment. Even though those guys were seen as dangerous, they were so supportive. They had helped me pick myself up from this Lix thing. They didn't know everything of course.

I hadn't told them about us kissing or anything like that. Just that Lix had me confused and rejected me after giving me mixed signals. They knew about my sexuality and had accepted me into their little group without hesitation.

I arrived at the house and wandered inside. It was absolutely packed and the smell of sweaty bodies and various perfumes was giving me a headache. I scanned the room quickly and my eyes found his hair. I smirked.

There he was.

I headed to the kitchen to get myself something to drink. I poured some whiskey into a glass and downed it before pouring another so I could sip it.

"Hyunjin!" I felt a hand on my back and turned. It was Jeongin. He was Seungmin's friend and I smiled brightly at him. He looked so young and innocent, and he always needed protection. He was pretty clumsy and the football team had been giving him a hard time.

At least before the four of us had got a hold of them.

"Hello stranger, how are you?" I asked as I draped an arm around his shoulder. "Do you want a drink?" I offered him my whiskey but he put his hand up and shook his head.

"I'm good thanks hyung. I wanted to say thank you! I mean, I don't agree with fighting, but things are much better now. It's all thanks to you guys and I'm really grateful." He said loudly. I smiled softly at him and ruffled his hair slightly.

"There's no need Innie. You're our friend. Of course we've got your back." I said softly. Felix entered, the cramped kitchen and quickly walked past me.

"Even still hyung, thank you." He hugged me, and I wrapped an arm around him loosely. My gut feeling had been not to help. Not after Lix. Protection seemed to come with a heavy price tag, and somehow I was the one paying it.

"You're welcome Innie. If anyone else bothers you, just tell your hyungs and we'll deal with it." I winked at him and he grinned. He disappeared into the depths of the party once more. I sipped some whiskey and decided I wanted to dance.

I could feel Lix's eyes practically burning a hole in my head and I was beyond uncomfortable. My anger had disappeared and been replaced by hurt and yearning, but I couldn't do a thing about it. Poppy was always glued to him like a leech and it was impossible to even look at him these days.

I stood on the dance floor, and my favourite BTS song, fire, began playing. I was so happy and began dancing casually. Of course it wasn't long until people opened up a space around me and watched as I perfectly executed the dance moves.

I was more shocked when Jeongin came and joined me. I had no idea he could dance. He reminded me of Lix in a lot of ways and I knew that's why I had grown attached to him so quickly. He was small and slightly nerdy, but he was the kindest soul I had met next to Lix. He had such a pure heart and he was precious.

"That was great Innie!" I high fived him and he grinned up at me.

"Thanks Hyung! Maybe we could learn some dances together!" He stated happily. I smiled softly and nodded.

"I would like that." I stated softly. I noticed Felix staring at me, and the look on his face was like thunder. I smirked at him and hugged the small boy in front of me. My eyes didn't leave his face for a second. His eyes flicked towards the stairs and then back to me.

This was it.

I excused myself from Jeongin and went to get myself a drink, before heading upstairs. I wonder what Lix had in store for me today. I rapped my knuckles on his bedroom door, and I was yanked inside by a hand. I almost tripped over a shoe but caught myself and straightened up. I heard the lock click and turned to look at him.

"Why are you here?" He asked angrily. I smirked and stretched my arms above my head.

"Did you forget who pays for this house? If I want to come to a party here, then I will." I shrugged and wrapped one of my arms around my waist. I sipped the strong whiskey in my glass.

"Why can't you just leave me alone? Was beating me up not enough for you?" He asked angrily. I chuckled and finished my whiskey. I placed the glass down on his bedside table and sunk my hands deep into my pockets.

"I could, but where's the fun in that Lix." His eyes narrowed at me. I leaned forward slightly and stared into his eyes.

"Just get out Hyunjin." He instructed coldly. I chuckled and straightened up.

"You wanna hit me don't you?" I asked as I searched his eyes. I had never really seen Lix angry, but it was kind of sexy. The way his lips pressed together in an angry pout, and the cold unfeeling emotions in his eyes were definitely a turn on.

"No."

"How about this? You get one free hit." I suggested. Toying with him even more. "Right here, in the face. If it's good enough, I'll leave. If not, you're gonna have to tolerate me being here." I tapped my soft cheek with my finger as an invite. He sighed and folded his arms.

"I'm not gonna hit you." I smirked and stepped forward to walk out of the room. This was boring me anyway. I placed a heavy hand on his shoulder as I stepped past him. I turned my head and whispered into his ear,

"And here I was thinking maybe tonight was the night you would give in to your desires. You're too much of a good boy though Lix. I guess I should have exposed you to some of the shit I had to deal with on your behalf when we were growing up." I took another step, and suddenly felt his hand tighten around my wrist.

"Hyung," that name made me want to melt. It never felt the same when it wasn't Lix who said it.

"Yes Lix?" I asked softly. My heart was pounding as his shaky hand gripped my wrist.

"Please, can't we just talk?" He asked. I finally looked at his face. I could still see bruising he had suffered by my hand, and I frowned. I wasn't ready to open up my heart to him again.

It hurt too much.

"I don't think I can Lix." I practically whispered. He frowned and slowly dropped my wrist. The most awkward silence we had ever shared fell between us as we sat in the shit storm we had created.

Why had we even jeopardised our friendship like this?

------------

Word count: 1410

Ugh. They're both annoying.

I've had enough of this Hyunlix.

Anywaaaaay let me know what you think.

ILYSM! ❤