Prologue

Why was this happening now?

Hyunjin and I were always so close. How could he turn on me like this? Especially now.

I rested my shaking hands on the cold ceramic of the sink in front of me, and watched as the blood slowly dripped from my cut, and slid down the smooth surface, disappearing into the depths of the dark drain below.

"Why?" I looked back at the mirror, and my eyes were foggy with the tears that had been threatening to fall all evening.

"Lix, I came to drop off-" She cut her sentence halfway through and I heard her light footsteps approaching the door that separated us. I dropped my gaze once more, and blinked the heavy tear drops from my eyes. I didn't want her to catch a glimpse of my broken face in the mirror. I knew she would be angry.

"Sorry! I was just about to wash up and go to bed Poppy." I mumbled quietly.

"No! Sorry for interrupting. I just came to return your hoodie! Here!" I felt her press the soft fabric to my back firmly. I waved my hand dismissively over my shoulder.

"Just put it on the bed. I'll be out in a bit." I tried to sound happy, but my voice was shaky and I was certain she would find out any second.

"OK, don't be too long though!" She gently slapped my butt and I jumped slightly, and winced. The pain in my side didn't appreciate the sharp jarring movement that disrupted the injury I had been given. The door clicked closed and I was alone once more. I looked back up at the mirror and flashes of what had happened flicked through my head.

The anger he usually reserved for bullies had been turned on me. The way he punched me in the face. The tears that had left his eyes as I told him I wanted to stay friends.

Why had he turned like that? Why had I felt guilty turning him down? Poppy was a fantastic girl, and I loved being with her.

The problem still remained: Was I in love with her?

It was time to absorb these feelings I had.

It was time to process what he had done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coming soon! Check mate!

Please vote
Comment
And let me know what you think!

Happy Reading!