Chapter Thirteen: Confrontation

(This chapter is dedicated to me. BECAUSE THIS STORY IS HURTING MY SOUL, and all of us are dead did too. So don't expect any happy writing from me 😤😤😤)

"Hyung," he barely whispered the word, but I didn't falter. I leaned forward awaiting his answer. I knew he considered just drinking, but he thought it would set us back, or worse, finally break us apart for good.

"You can drink. But you know I'm only going to ask again later." I looked into his eyes and they were sparkling with an unknown emotion. It was one I had never seen in Felix before. He leaned forward and took his glass. He downed the whole thing and rubbed his face.

"I can answer you honestly, but I know it's not the answer you want Hyunjin." He said softly. I shrugged.

"You drank. It's ok." I stated flatly. I smiled slightly and leaned back a little. That was a resounding no, but I knew, that he knew, in his heart of hearts: No would be a lie.

"Do you hate me?" The question caught me off guard and I knew my face reflected that. I didn't have a poker face when I was drunk. Not one bit. I wanted to down the whole bottle of whiskey. I also knew if I didn't answer I stood to hurt him badly. He would assume the worst.

"Lix, I can't." My voice was quiet and I frowned. "I tried. I really tried, but I can't hate you. Even when you make me so angry I could throttle you." I was surprised at my own honesty and he clearly was too. He blinked at me with wide eyes and I chewed the inside of my lip hesitantly. Should I have said that?

"I mean, you could have throttled me rather than punching me in the face hyung." He said jokily. I screwed up my face and nodded. At least he didn't take it as a threat.

"Yeah, I'm really sorry about that." Lix moved the fast depleting open bottle and slid his body closer to me.

"I thought we were past apologies, Hyunjinnie." He smiled and I threw my head back and laughed. I knew when I said that it would come back to bite me.

"Let's face it Lix. We're a disaster." I said quietly. He nodded in agreement. "Anyway, it's my question isn't it?" I asked as I dropped my gaze back to his eyes. He nodded and rested his chin on his hands.

"Why did you come up and kiss me? The first time was a mistake, and I instigated it. The second time was you. Then you ran out like I had just threatened to kill you. Why?" Felix sucked in a breath through his teeth and smiled.

"That's two questions." He pointed out. I poked my tongue out at him playfully. It finally felt like we were opening back up to one another and I wanted to sit here forever and just talk with him. Just being around him was enough. For now.

"Sue me." I retorted jokily. He half laughed before speaking.

"Fine, but I get two questions next." He winked and sighed deeply.

"If you must." I pretended to be annoyed but I knew he saw right through it.

"Firstly, I dunno, I think I was, well I know I was, jealous. Then when things got serious, I was scared." He replied. I raised an eyebrow. It didn't feel like a sincere answer, and his eyes betrayed him. Did he not realise, after the last decade and a half, I knew him better than that?

"And?" I probed further. He let out a groan and took another mouthful of whiskey down. I figured I wouldn't get an answer now, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

"Hyunjin. I don't know what happens to me when I'm drunk. But it's something weird. You're irresistible. When I saw you kissing Amelie, I wanted to storm over and rip you apart. I came up because..." he stopped.

"Because..." I repeated back to him quietly.

"I wanted to prove to myself you were mine." His eyes widened at the admission and he quickly covered his mouth, as though he had just spilled a secret that wasn't his to tell.

I knew it. Sat in front of me, staring me in the face was the true Lee Felix. The closeted bisexual. I didn't need his admission now. I knew.

"Your turn." I stated. I poured myself a large glass and downed it. I had to try and stop my heart from pounding so hard. Even if he admitted it, it didn't magically make everything OK. He looked down and thought for a second before looking back at me. I realised what the look was in his eye.

It was confusion. Confusion at his feelings towards me.

"Do you have feelings for me, and what would you do if I kissed you right now?" His voice was low and the second question hit me like a train. He couldn't seriously be considering putting us through this all over again?

There was no way he was serious about that one.

"You know how I feel. I wouldn't have moved out if my feelings weren't real. I can't stand the thought of her being here. Touching you. Kissing you. Hugging you. It kills me inside. You know exactly what I would do Lix. Don't ask stupid questions." I murmured my response and I watched as he downed the last of his drink and screwed the cap onto the almost empty bottle.

"I don't think we need anymore of that." He murmured. I nodded in agreement and carefully got to my feet. The alcohol was coursing through my veins and I was suddenly boiling hot. I used my shirt to fan myself and tried to clear my head.

All I could think about was kissing him.

"Thanks for being honest with me Lix. I feel like maybe we can get back on an even footing." I murmured. He frowned up at me.

"I didn't tell you to go Jinnie." His voice was low, and I stared into the deep brown pools that were his eyes. He was being serious.

"I can't play this game with you Lix. I told you. You can't keep toying with me." I pushed my hair from my face and put my hands on my hips.

"I'm not." He stood and gently reached out to take my arm. He pulled me closer and his small arms wrapped around my waist. He rested his head on my chest and the coconut smell, the one I had been missing so much, drifted up my nose.

"Lix, don't. I won't be able to stop myself. I'm dangerous when I'm around you." I murmured as I gave into the embrace. My arms found their way around his small frame protectively and I held him to me.

"Who said I want to stop you?" He lifted his head and looked up at me. "The door's locked, the music is on. No one has even noticed we're gone." He whispered. I stared down at him with a frown on my face. His wide expectant eyes were filled with excitement and mischief. But I didn't want that. I wanted the to be full of another emotion.

The one I felt whenever I looked at him.

"Lix, I'm being serious." I stated flatly as I slowly tried to pull him off of me. He refused to let go.

"So am I. I'm ready to answer your question hyung." He whispered flirtatiously. He reached up and pulled my head down. He pressed his lips to my ear.

"I'm not Bi, and I'm not gay, I'm only into you." I gulped as I felt my pants tighten. Felix was never this forward and I knew it was the alcohol. If I felt drunk, then he was plastered.

How could I get him to stop? Because I knew he would regret this in the morning and go running back to Poppy.

Or maybe, for one night, one blissful, beautiful night, I could fool myself into believing he was mine.

------------
Word count: 1352

Omfg omfg

What do you guys think?

And what is gonna happen next?

😏😏😏

Keep reading and find out.

ILYSM ❤