Chapter Thirty Four: Stressed Out

"P-Please come b-back!" I begged as I held his lifeless hand. "I-I'm so s-sorry. P-Please don't le-leave me!" I begged. "P-Please. I-I love y-you." I was held back from taking another step. I screamed as I watched him being wheeled away from me.

"P-Please let m-me stay w-with h-him!" I begged. My heart was ready to explode and I wanted nothing more than to just kiss my boyfriend. I wailed loudly as I was ushered into the waiting room. My eyes were so foggy with tears I couldn't even see.

"Please Jinnie, be ok." I begged as I flopped down on the floor.

"Felix, sweetheart." His Mom approached me and pulled me into a tight embrace. I collapsed into her arms. She was a mess too and I felt guilty for not being strong. Why couldn't he just let her hurt me?! I had promised him I wouldn't let this happen again.

"Come here son. Dear, go and speak to a doctor. I'll take care of Felix." Pops held his arms out and I flopped into him. I couldn't stop my tears no matter how hard I tried. I heard Momma H's footsteps disappear as she went to get some answers. His father's embrace was tight and strong, and I felt like a weak child as I sobbed into his shoulder.

"I-It's all m-my f-fault." I choked on the words as I tried endlessly to get more oxygen into my lungs. It wasn't enough and I was unable to think or see straight.

"It's not your fault. Don't you dare." His father tried to comfort me. He rubbed my back and squeezed me. But nothing was working. All I wanted was Hyunjin to wake up. Seeing him on the floor, lifeless, with blood pouring from his wound, had broken my soul.

"E-Everyrhing is m-my fault. If I had just told my M-Mom..."

A doctor came to check on me and I shoved them both away. I didn't want anyone to touch me or talk to me. I just wanted to sit here and drown in my own emotions.

"You're having a panic attack young man. We need to calm you down or we'll have to sedate you." I barely heard the words through the high pitched squealing noise in my ears. I hadn't even registered the painful slice in my leg. I just wanted Hyunjin.

"I-I c-can't b-breathe!" I tried to suck air in but my lungs were not cooperating and my chest was burning. I pounded on it as tears continued to flow down my cheeks and drip noisily against the floor.

"Felix, come on, let them help you son." Papa H instructed calmly. I could see the hurt on his face but his words were just like white noise.

"I-I'm so sor-sorry." I said as I reached for his hand. Hyunjin's parents must hate me for bringing this evil into their lives.

"Sir, please can you help us hold him?" The doctor asked his dad.

"G-Get off of m-me!" I screamed as a whole team of people wrestled me to the floor. I felt a needle prick my arm and before I had a chance to fight it, I was gone.

My eyes opened and I sat bolt upright. I had some dressings around my leg, and my head and arms ached like I had just spent the evening at a raging party. I gasped and took some deep breaths. The last thing I remembered was not being able to breath. But I could now.

"L-Lix!" I was surprised to see Chris sat by my bedside. He looked exhausted and worried as he rested his elbows on his knees.

"Hello," I murmured. I flinched as he threw his arms out, but instead of hitting me, or inflicting any kind of injury, he embraced me. It was weird, but oddly comforting.

"I'm so glad you're awake. You scared the shit out of me." He murmured as he squeezed me.

"Wh-What happened?" I asked hoarsely.

"I arrived as they were sedating you. You went floppy and quiet, and then you had a seizure. The doctors said it was probably related to stress and trauma, but it was horrible." He pulled away and checked me over.

"Sorry hyung." I murmured. He gently tapped my jaw with his fist affectionately and I smiled slightly. It just felt right. As far as I was concerned we were all hyung's now. Chris had been instrumental in helping me get away from Poppy.

"How's your head? You hit it pretty hard against one of the chairs in the waiting room." He said softly. I reached up and felt a dressing I didn't even realise was there. I shrugged.

"I can't even feel it." I puffed up my chest, pretending to be brave. He chuckled. "Is Jinnie OK?" I asked with a frown.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Chris moved, and I saw him. Laid up in the bed next to me. His angelic face looked pale, and his eyes were barely open. But he was there.

He was really OK.

"J-Jinnie?" I said softly. I began pulling wires off of me and ignored the angry beeps and protests of the machines around me. I rushed to his bedside and buried my head into his bedsheets next to him. I felt his hand, heavy on my head. He didn't have the strength to support his own arm. I took his hand and kissed it gently.

"I'm not dead yet. Sorry Lix." He said with a smile.

"Why would you even joke about that?!" Chris asked angrily before I got a chance too. He rolled his eyes and closed them.

"H-How are you feeling? Did she hurt you badly? I-I'm sorry I did this to us." I kept rambling for a few minutes until it was obvious he was asleep. He must be exhausted. I sat in a chair next to Chris and a doctor came rushing in.

"Young man! Get back into bed!" He snapped. I frowned.

"Why? I'm fine." I waved my hand dismissively.

"You most certainly are not fine! Please if you don't co-operate we will sedate you again!" He threatened. I frowned and slowly crawled back into bed as I was told to. He walked over and began hooking me back up to machines.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked the doctor.

"You have major trauma responses going on in your body. You went into shock before you even arrived here. It caused the major panic attack and the seizure you had. We need to keep you under observation. Please don't get out of bed again."

"Oooo naughty Lixy!" Chris smirked and I glared at him. The doctor did the same.

"This is no laughing matter. It is a serious condition. Please, if you're going to wind him up, leave." The doctor spoke harshly and I couldn't help sniggering at Chris.

"I'll be back to give you some meds in an hour." The doctor stated.

"So... do you wanna hear what happened after you got rushed off?" He asked. I nodded and smiled.

"Please. If I've got to sit in this bed doing nothing, I need someone to stop me going crazy." Chris smiled and began explaining everything.

I closed my eyes and listened as the story was told. I drifted off before he got too far into it.

But I was glad I finally had more people in my life, who I could actually trust with my life. Hyunjin wasn't the only one who cared about me.
---------------

Omfg 😭😭😭😭

I'm so glad Hyunjin is OK but Lix baby please don't damage yourself!

Happy Reading!

Ilysm