Chapter Fifteen: Charming Chris

Poppy had come over and begged me to come out with her and Marissa today. Apparently her friend had been on an amazing date last night, and she didn't want to be a third wheel.

I was still reeling from the events of the previous night and my hangover did not want to cooperate with me one bit.

"Lix! Hurry up!" Poppy whined like a kid. I wasn't sure why but she was getting on my nerves. She had been so demanding recently and I was getting sick of it. Everywhere I went, she was there. She always wanted to know every detail of my life and it was getting a bit much.

"Pops give me a minute to breathe will you? My head is pounding!" I slowly stood and pulled my pants on. Today was a comfy clothes day. I needed comfort and it seemed my girlfriend didn't want to provide any.

"I warned you about partying all the time. But you didn't want to listen. I have no sympathy." She approached me and kissed my nose softly. I rolled my eyes and smiled at her.

"What happened to the girl who brought me snacks and water when I was suffering? She was nice." I joked as I hugged her. She giggled and kissed my cheek.

"She's busy today. She has plans and is running out of patience for her incredibly slow boyfriend." She retorted. She offered me some pain killers and went to get me some water.

We arrived at the cafe hand in hand and Poppy rushed over to her best friend. They hugged and squealed loudly. It was doing nothing for my headache. I pushed my sunglasses onto my head, and smoothed my hair down. This guy better be worth it.

"Hey, I'm Chris. It's so nice to meet you." My stomach turned. It couldn't be.

"I'm Poppy, and this is Felix." She introduced me and Chris turned to face me. I hadn't told Poppy about what had happened with Hyunjin and him that day. I had just avoided her. He held his hand out to me, and I frowned. I was reluctant to take it.

"Uh, he doesn't bite Lix." Poppy giggled and I snapped myself out of it. I accepted his hand and he pulled me into his shoulder.

"Good to see you again. Felix." Chris whispered. It sent a violent shiver down my spine and I pulled away from him. Poppy and Marissa stared at me like I had two heads.

"Sorry, I'm a little hungover. Too much to drink last night." I murmured. We all sat down and Chris smirked at me.

"Oh, I heard all about it." The two girls eyed us suspiciously and Chris quickly changed his demeanour.

"I think one of your friends was there, wasn't he?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, little Jeongin. He told me he had a great time. Although he didn't see a lot of you Felix." His eyes were trained on me and I wondered just how much Hyunjin had told him. I shrugged and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm a bit of a lightweight. I spent most of the night in my bathroom hugging the toilet." I laughed and Poppy rolled her eyes.

"Gross Lix. We don't want to think about that." She scolded.

"So, Chris is here on a scholarship like you Felix. His grades are incredible! I figured, with you guys being so into your studies, you would get along." Marissa said happily. Chris smiled and leaned forward.

"I'm confident we'll become the best of friends. Don't you think Felix?" He asked. I nodded and began scanning the menu. The quicker I could get this over with, the better. I wanted something bland to make sure my already sick stomach didn't get worse.

"We're gonna go to the bathroom. You two get to know each other!" Poppy said as she picked up her bag. I looked at her with wide eyes, begging her not to leave, but her and Marissa were already walking away, giggling like school girls as they went. I snapped my menu shut and stared Chris down.