Chapter Twenty: Relax

(OK the angst has been written away. Thank you all for the support! I honestly cannot believe how many people have read this crappy book. I love you all)

Hyunjin insisted I got changed into something cute before we left and he went to quickly change his shirt. It was covered in a mixture of my blood, sweat and tears. I changed into one of my favourite black and white shirts and pulled a jacket on. I stepped out of my sweatpants and pulled on a tight pair of silk pants instead. I covered my bruises and cuts as best I could and styled my hair.

 I covered my bruises and cuts as best I could and styled my hair

(What they're wearing FYI.... )

I checked myself in the mirror and smiled slightly. I hoped we were done with the drama. It felt like everything had become so complicated and I hated it.

"Wow, if we didn't have somewhere to be..." He murmured. My eyes fell upon Hyunjin. He was stood against my door frame with his head leaning against it. His sharp jawline was highlighted and his lips looked so kissable.

"There's always later." I winked at him as best I could and he smirked. He sauntered towards me sexily, and just his presence in my personal space was enough to drive me wild these days. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pressed his hips against mine as his hands found their way into my pockets. His fingers squeezed my thighs softly and I kissed him.

"Now you've gone and done it." I whispered as I pressed my lips to the silky smooth skin on his neck.

"Ugh, Lix. I swear to God I won't stop you." He whispered. I smirked and pulled away from him. He could wait.

"You won't be able to when we get back." I said flirtatiously. I saw a look of mild disappointment and mischief dance over his face.

"Who said I want to?" He headed for the door, and slapped my butt as he headed for the stairs. I followed after him, in an attempt to get him back.

"Do you trust me Lix?" I sucked a breath in and pulled a face of uncertainty.

"Well isn't that a loaded question?" I chuckled as he flipped me off. "Yes. Jinnie, I trust you." I smiled at him brightly and he looked slightly smug.

"Then do as I say." He offered a blindfold to me and I raised an eyebrow suspiciously at him.

"I didn't realise you were into this kind of thing Jinnie." I watched as his face flush scarlet in embarrassment and his mouth opened and closed a few times making him look like a fish.

"You're such a little joker aren't you Lix? Just remember who you're sleeping with tonight." He pressed the soft fabric to my face gently, and tied it around my head.

"Yeah, me myself and I. I can't wait to starfish on the bed. Don't worry, you can take the sofa." I retorted. His laugh rang out and filled the room with a lighthearted feeling that it had been sorely lacking recently.

"Screw you." He said quietly.

"I thought we had established that was gonna happen later?"

"Oh my gosh Lix, your mind is so filthy! Anyway, I have a surprise for you. It's not much, but it's something and I don't want it ruined. I promise it's nothing to be afraid of."

"I hope you're not driving. Mr I chugged vodka." I stated flatly.

"Lixy, like I would wanna kill us both! I'm way over the limit. Don't worry, someone is here to get us." My heart sped up slightly as I felt his large hand wrap around mine. The room had suddenly got unbearably hot.

He led me outside and I heard a car door open.

"Ssshh! No one speak. I don't want him to find out." Hyunjin instructed. He placed his hand on the back of my head as he helped me into the car. I heard some whispering but I couldn't make out the voices.

"Here. Let me help." I heard my seatbelt being pulled and felt it firmly wrap around me after the click. The vehicle began moving and I realised he could literally be driving me to an abandoned building to beat me up. But this was Jinnie. He wouldn't do that to me.

"Where are we going?" I whined like a petulant toddler.

"You'll find out soon enough." I jumped as his hand gently wrapped around mine and I rested my head against the cold window. I couldn't believe how this day had gone. My whole life had done a one eighty in a matter of hours and I wasn't sure how I felt.

I knew one thing though. Hyunjin's thumb, gently stroking the back of my hand as we drove to wherever we were going, was the only comfort I needed.

The car stopped and the engine was turned off.

"I'll come get you in a second. Do not take that blindfold off!" Hyunjin instructed. I nodded and sat, holding my hands in my lap like a kid.

I heard the car door open a few minutes later and I was carefully lifted out. I took shaky unknowing steps as Hyunjin carefully led me to our destination.

"OK stop." I did as I was instructed and took a deep breath. Now was the moment of truth. I felt his fingers lightly fiddling with the blindfold and it came loose. I blinked a couple of times as my eyes adjusted to the light.

"Surprise!" I was shocked to see Hyunjin's parents and some of his new friends gathered in the small apartment. It had been decorated with rainbow flags and a makeshift banner with

"Congratulations Hyunjin and Felix!" Written on it, hung crudely across the small window. I stared at them and my eyes finally landed on Hyunjin.

"Did you...?" He shook his head and smiled brightly, despite the tears welling up in his eyes. He finally broke and pressed his wrist to his eyes. I quickly wrapped my arms around him, and pulled his head into my shoulder.

"Jinnie, what's all this?" I asked quietly. I heard a small whimper escape him and I rubbed his back soothingly.

"We wanted you to know how many people support you Lix, how many people support us." I pulled his face to mine and kissed him. My heart swelled with joy, and I felt beyond lucky to have someone as special as Jinnie in my life.

"I love you." I said through a big smile. I dried his eyes gently with my sleeve and he smiled once more.

"I love you too Lix." He replied. I quickly pecked his full inviting lips once more and looked around at everyone. I was more than a little uneasy at the appearance of Chris and the gang, but I didn't want to spoil things.

"Momma H." I said as I walked into her warm embrace. She squeezed me tightly and rubbed my back.

"Just know little one, no matter what happens you are always apart of our family. You're our second son. Don't let anyone cage your wonderful sweet spirit." She said softly. I squeezed her and I suddenly realised.

This wasn't like anything I had ever experienced before.

"Sorry for earlier Felix." Chris murmured as he approached. I eyed him suspiciously and looked back to Hyunjin. I took a deep breath.

"I forgive you. Things were crazy, and I've done some things I'm not proud of." I said quietly.

"You don't have to explain. I get it. Hyunjin has set the record straight. I'm like him in a lot of ways, I wanna protect my friends and family. If he's happy and you cause that, then we're cool." He said with a smile. I nodded and we shook hands.

"Who wants a drink?" Hyunjin asked loudly. Everyone cheered and I shook my head.

I finally felt like we were going to be ok.

We could fight anything the world threw at us.

-------------
Word count: 1332

OK I'm so soft for Hyunjin rn.

What do you guys think?

ILYSM