Chapter Eighteen: Domino Effect

I woke and felt like my head was ready to explode. I felt so sick and tears were already reforming in my eyes. I could barely open one of them after Chris' punch and I was aching.

"You ok Lix?" Hyunjin's had was warm against my hair and I turned to face him. He was staring at me with sadness on his face.

"No, but I will be. I'm sorry for lying to you Jinnie. I just didn't know what to do. If I told you, I knew we wouldn't be able to stay away from each other." I explained. He slowly slid down the bed and his face was right next to mine.

"Don't be silly. I don't want to stay away from you anyway. Above all else Lix you're my best friend. Please don't push me away again." He murmured. I nodded slightly and sniffed. He leaned in and pressed his lips to my forehead.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the tender moments we rarely shared. Realistically I never wanted them to stop. I wrapped my arm around his slender waist and buried my face into his chest.

"I never want to lose you again Jinnie. I was so scared when I thought you hated me." I said quietly. He stroked my hair and sighed.

"I could never hate you. I love you Lix. I am in love with you. I think I always have been." It was the first thing I'd heard today that was truly worth smiling about. I looked up and kissed him softly.

"I love you too Jinnie. I wish I had realised it sooner."

"Why don't we get some food? You know class is gonna be rough tomorrow. But we'll get through it. Together." He took my hand and kissed my knuckles softly.

"Together." I repeated. He smiled and we both climbed off of the bed. As much as my body protested I didn't want to spend all day moping. Especially not when I had Jinnie back.

We ate some lunch and I sprawled out on the hard leather couch. I was utterly exhausted. Jinnie came and squeezed under my legs and turned the TV on. The house was a mess from the party, and some furniture had been knocked over when Jinnie had taken Chris down earlier but I didn't care.

I noticed his phone was buzzing but he kept looking at it and silencing it.

"Is everything OK Jinnie? If you need to take a call it's ok." I said softly as I gazed at him. He shook his head and turned his phone off. I sat up and cuddled into his side. He wrapped his arm around me and rested his cheek lightly against my head.

I jumped when my phone started ringing.

To my surprise it was Gracey.

"Hello?" I asked quietly.

"Put him on. It's important."

"Nice to hear from you as always." I held the phone out to Hyunjin and he looked confused. I pushed it towards him and he picked it up.

"I told you not to fucking call me. I'm not interested in anything you have to say." Hyunjin stood and I watched as he headed for the stairs. He stopped halfway up and mouthed sorry before he disappeared.

Something was up. I saw his phone on the table and quickly picked it up.

Did I really want to start our relationship off this way? I frowned. I had never gone through his phone. What if there was something I didn't want to see?

I had to know. I had a feeling Hyunjin was hiding something from me.

QueenBitch👿:
Hyunjin! Please it's important.

Hyunjin:
Fuck off Grace. Lix is hurt
and it's your fault. I have
nothing to say to you!