Chapter 10

We spent most of the day at Renzo's grandparents house. They were also very sweet and very eager to find out everything about me so I was getting questioned the whole time.

We drove here in separate cars and when it was time to leave we each got into the cars we arrived in.

"It was really nice to meet you Elodie, I hope to see you again soon" Renzo's grandmother said and gave me a hug which I returned and gave her a sweet smile.

"It was nice to meet you too, I had a great time" I said and careered her arm before I stepped into the car as Renzo was holding the door for me as always.

I watched him say bye to his grandmother and walk over to the drivers side before getting into the car.

We drove off following the two cars in front of us and the sun was getting ready to set. I watched out the window and couldn't help but smile at the beauty around me and the warm summer air in my hair.

"Where are we going?" I asked Renzo confused as to why he took a turn leaving the other two cars.

"You've never been to Sicily right?" He asked me and looked over to me with a smile.

"Yes?" I said still very confused.

"Then I'm gonna show you Sicily" he said and I immediately smiled by his sweet gesture. He didn't have to do this but he did and it was truly sweet. He didn't have to do anything if he wanted to, he could of just pretend to be nice to me when his family is watching but he's been nice to me since the very start and I'm happy that I got to enjoy that side of him.

We drove for a while until we stopped and he opened the door for me to get out. We walked a quite path in a green field that was leading somewhere uphill and Renzo held my hand so I wouldn't trip as he lead the way. The walk wasn't very long and soon we reached the top.

It was very beautiful. The hill overlooked the sea and on the shore there was a house that looked very historic. The water was bright blue just like the one you see in Maldives. And the sun was slowly starting to hit the horizon.

"It's so beautiful here" I said and looked at Renzo who was looking at the horizon and smiled at my words.

"Thank you for doing this for me" I said and he looked at me.

"Thank you for doing this" he said and looked in my eyes. At this moment I was wishing that this wouldn't be fake and not just some sort of fantasy I get to enjoy for a very short time. And even though I knew it would end soon I tried to enjoy as much as I could and have no regrets.

He sat down on the field and I sat next to him and we both watched the sun go down.

"How do you ever go back home after seeing something so beautiful" I said and looked at him as the sun had almost completely disappeared.

"Every good thing comes to an end" he said not looking at me and his words kind of pained me.

"I guess" I said and wrapped my arms around my legs and placed my chin on my knees.

"Come on we have one more place I want to show you today" he said and got up cleaning off his clothes from the fifth that might of been stuck to them.

I looked up at him and he just simply gave me his hand and pulled me up on my two feet. We walked down the now dark path back to the parking lot.

We got into the car and drove to another place but this time it was by the very sea. We walked on the beach and the sound of the waves sounded angelic.

"So tell me why did you pick me to be your pretend girlfriend?" I asked him as I carried my shoes in my hands and we walked trough the sand that had already gone cold.