Chapter 2

Elodie's POV:

I got on the bus and drove back to my apartment here in Rome that I shared with my friend.

I watched the beautiful city as we passed the buildings. I couldn't stop thinking about what had just happened. I was excited that I got the job but I was very confused with his request.

He wanted me to pretend to be his girlfriend? But why? And for what? And why me? I'm sure there's thousands of other girls who would say yes even without him needing to ask them. I mean he was one of the most eligible bachelors in Italy and he was crazy rich only being 24.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to complicate my relationship with my soon to be boss but I also really needed money as I had just gotten out of school and had a student loan to pay, a rent to pay and food to buy.

My second day in Rome and it's already turned into chaos.

I heard my phone ring and it startled me as everybody at the bus looked over to me as I tried to grab my ringing phone out of my purse and pick it up. I didn't like attention and everybody now looking at me made me uncomfortable.

"Hi dad, I'll call you later I'm on the bus" I spoke quietly so I wouldn't annoy the other people on bus after my phone ring probably had already annoyed them.

"Okay sweetie" my dad said and I hang up and put my phone back into my purse and waited for my stop.

A few minutes later I got off the bus and walked to my apartment which was about 10 minutes away from the bus stop.

I wakes up the stairs in the small house that was split into even smaller apartments and got my key and unlocked the door.

"Hey, you're back" my friend said just as soon as I had entered the room and was locking the door behind me.

"Hi" I said and took off my shoes and placed my purse on the small table by the door.

"How did the interview go?" She asked me taking away her gaze from the computer screen and following me with her eyes.

"Good, starting on Monday" I said as I poured myself a glass of water.

"Really?" She said excitedly and I emptied the glass of water.

"Are you okay?" She said as I placed down the glass.

"Yeah, it was just a little weird" I said and walked over to the small round able she was sitting by and sat in front of her.

"What do you mean?" She asked me and closed her laptop so it wouldn't be in our way.

"He asked me to go to this ball with him next week and pretend to be his girlfriend" I said filling my lungs with air after the sentence as I had rushed so much I didn't notice I was out of air.

"What did you say?" She asked me intrigued.

"Nothing yet, he said I could think about it till Monday" I said and shrug my shoulders pulling up my legs on the chair and wrapping my arms around them.

"We'll do you want to go?" She proceeded to ask me.

"I'm not sure, he did say he would pay me" I let Devon know everything he had told me.