Chapter 9

Renzo's POV:

"Renzo I'm cold" Elodie said and I instantly opened my eyes.

I turned to my other side and pulled her close to me. I felt her body tense up as I touched her but just as soon as I pulled her in my arm she relaxed. Her back against my chest, warming her.

I took in her scent. She smelled like a field of flowers in early spring. It reminded me of the the feeling when the cold season is finally over and the world is getting back it's colours. Something about this scent made me calm.

Her skin smooth as silk. She was a definition of perfect. And she didn't even try to be perfect. She might think she has flaws but really I haven't noticed none.

She touched my hand with hers and slightly snuggled more into me. Her touch was very soft and delicate. It felt like it could heal any wound, any pain.

I knew this wasn't going to end good. We were getting too close and comfortable with each other. But I couldn't help the feelings she made me feel. The effect her touch had on my entire body.

I felt her body relax and her breaths even out meaning she had fallen asleep. I held her in my arms and slowly drifted away to sleep myself.

Elodie's POV:

I woke up and the bed was empty. I was pretty sure we went to sleep together and he even held me or was that a dream? I thought to myself as I looked around the room and saw that it was empty.

Maybe he went to sleep to another room I'm sure there's plenty in this house. I took my phone and answered to texts that Devon had sent me before getting up from the bed and going for a shower.

I showered, dried my hair and brushed my teeth. I applied some mascara and went to put on some clothes.

I wore a summer dress that was white with little blue flowers all over. It had a slit up my right leg revealing just the right amount of skin and also making the dress more free. Dress itself was long but very breathable and summery.

I put on some jewellery and went to go down the stairs to find everybody else. I walked into the kitchen and was greeted my Renzo's sister who was preparing a bottle for her youngest child.

"Good morning" she greeted me with a very sweet smile on her face.

"Good morning" I replied and returned the smile and walked over to the kitchen island leaning on it.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked me.

"Yeah" I simply said and looked out the large window to see everyone else already by the beach.

"We're going to my grandparents house today" she then said and I took my look away from the window and looked at her.

"Are you okay with that?" She asked seeing my expression.

"Yeah, I just didn't know we were going" I shyly said and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Mommy!" Esther's daughter Melina screamed running into the kitchen and tugging on her mothers skirt.

"Daddy is being mean" she said with a sad look on her face.

"What is he doing now?" Esther asked her as she was shaking the bottle she had just prepared.

"He doesn't let me go swim alone" she said in a cute voice.

"Daddy's right, you can't go into the water alone" Esther said and gave the bottle to her one year old son who was patiently waiting for it.

I saw Melina's eyes tear up and that made my heart break.

"Hey Melina, what if I go with you?" I squatted down to her level and asked her.