Chapter-39

Is the last chapter a flop? 🤡

Nevermind, enjoy~

Surprise at the end! 🙈

Inline comments are love!

.

.

Writer's Pov;

Despite the cold breeze biting on their skin harshly, Vikram and his family stood outside, watching Hari reverse the car out of the garage. On the side, Harshitha was embraced by his mother as she refused to let go of her while Sakthi helplessly glanced at her husband's stubborn figure as he stood at a distance as if he hadn't done anything.

"Bid your farewell and come soon. I'm getting in." Stating coldly, Krishnan got into the car as Hari parked it before the gate and strode toward everyone.

"I apologize for his behavior." Sakthi sighed, squeezing Radha's hand gently. The other women squeezed back as she glanced at the couple standing with the twins silently.

"Give him some time, Sakthi. He will come around." Ganesh spoke a word of comfort when he noticed his daughter's distressed expression.

However, it looked like his words triggered someone because the next second, Harshitha remarked angrily, "If you didn't expose us in front of Appa, we wouldn't be in this situation, old man."

"It's all for your own good, little girl." Ganesh rebutted, patting her head like petting a puppy, to which she pouted and moved away, causing him to laugh out loud.

"Appa, please stop rubbing salt on the wound." Sakthi beseeched, signaling him to stop as he continued laughing at the couple's expression.

"Aish! You guys don't appreciate my help at all."

"You think you helped us? Do you want me to tell Paati what you said to us?" Vikram threatened, tilting his head slightly with a smirk when their grandpa's face changed, to which Lakshmi raised a brow at his words curiously.

"What did he say?" Lakshmi's expression slowly changed as Vikram whispered about their conversation in her ear. Her whole face felt hot, and her pulse palpitated as she listened to the nonsense her old man spouted.

On the other hand, sensing her forthcoming anger, Thatha attempted to walk in sneakily, but before he could close the door, Vihaan quickly pointed out. "Thatha, where are you leaving?"

"You! Is this something that someone tells their grandchildren? I should have listened to my brother and married some gentleman instead of marrying you. Shameless man." Lakshmi yelled; her slightly wrinkled face reddened in embarrassment when Vihaan asked what his brother had said.

"Nothing! I'm going inside!" Lakshmi informed. Snatching her hands off his hold and pointing an angry finger at her now guilty-looking husband, she added, "Don't come inside my room today. Sleep outside, shameless man."

Casting an angry glance at his smirking grandson, he followed her back into the house hastily. "Lakshmi —"

"Then we'll be leaving, anni. It's already 11.30, so you guys go to bed soon." Sakthi looked at the time and spoke to Radha, who nodded her head sadly. Turning to Vikram, who stood beside Harshitha silently, she breathed deeply and walked over to them.

"Vikram, don't think about this too much. Do you think he would have let Harshi stay with you now for long if he was against your relationship? He was just in shock, but he will come to accept it soon. I'll speak with him and contact you. Till that, wait patiently and relax." She patted his cheeks softly and laughed when he nodded like a happy child who was given his favorite dessert.