Chapter-5

INLINE COMMENTS ARE LOVE❤

.

.

.

"My dear athai ponnu! I'm Arjun. unoda maama paiyan." At his reply, I can feel Vikram's arms tightening around me.

(My dear aunt's daughter, I'm Arjun. your uncle's son)

"Apo naa yaru." Vikram asked sarcastically through his clenched teeth.

(Then who am I)

"Harshi, are you there? is anyone with you?" Arjun asked

I quickly hung up the call and took a glance at Vikram.

His eyes narrowed and jaws clenched.

"Calm down! Vikram." I buried my face against his chest, trying to calm him.

"He has the guts to call you even after I warned him." He seethed, tightening his arms around my waist, pulling me closer into his arms.

.

Two years ago,

I just wrote my 11th board exam, and Vikram wrote his 12th board exam. Hari anna completed his 1st year in civil, and the twins entered the 11th std.

It is the summer holidays, so we came to our grandparents' place to enjoy the holidays. Vihaan kept on whining about how his holidays are wasting by just playing the same games daily, and it's boring to stay inside the home all-day so, thatha brought us to Ganesh maama's home.

Dinesh maama is my mother's cousin. He married his lover Valli against his parent's wishes, so they both ran away and settled in Chennai.

However, after they had a baby, their parents forgave them and asked them to come back to Pollachi, but Ganesh maama had a stable job in Chennai, so they stayed there.

As we are not that close with them, we don't know that they have shifted back to Pollachi.

"Grandpa, when have they come here?" Vihana asked, munching the corns as we walked through our field.

"Just a few days back they shifted here, their son Arjun is also Vikram's age, He wrote his 12th exams."

"Ohh, then how should I call them" She questioned, throwing the cob after eating the corn aside.

"You and your brothers should call him Chittappa, Harshitha, and Hari should call him maama." Thatha answered, pausing on his step to pull out the weed on the way. 

(Chittappa- dad's brother or mom's sister's husband)

"Ahaaan, Then Harshi have another maama paiyan.'' Vihana exclaimed, throwing her arms around my shoulder with a teasing grin. (maama paiyan- uncle's son)

I looked at Vikram, who is walking behind us.

He looked calm but I can see him throwing dragger at Vihana with his eyes.

I don't think Vihana will speak this recklessly if she knows I and Vikram are loving each other.

.

.

Thatha knocked on the door as we stood behind him waiting for someone to open the door. A man in his 40's opened the door, he stood shell shocked seeing thatha.

"Won't you invite me inside?" Thatha asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Chittappa, please forgive me)." He dropped down on the floor, hugging thatha's leg as he cried softly.