Chapter-20

Seeing someone adding your book to their reading list is such a bliss, and like a cherry on top, many of you have added my book to your favorite list. I don't have any words to describe the happiness I feel!

Thank you to all my readers! Love you all!💜

And don't be shy, vote and comment. It's always two-way communication here! I'll reply to each and every comment, so don't be shy!

Inline comments are love💜

.

.

.

Writer's pov;

OMG!" Vihaan exclaimed as soon as Vikram went out.

"What happened, Vihaan?" Hari questioned, descending the stairs. His eyes narrowed in confusion as vihaan ranted something incoherent to himself absentmindedly.

"Hey! What happened?" Hari patted his shoulder once he reached near him while vihaan looked at him wide-eyed.

"Hari anna, did you see Vikram anna and Harshitha hugging each other?" Vihaan blabbered out but gasped, shutting his mouth with his palm quickly, realizing he spoke this aloud.

'No, no! Vikram anna is going to kill me!'

"What?" Hari came dangerously close to him, causing vihaan to step back in fear, his heart started palpitating as Hari looked at him with a 'tell me, or I will kill you look.'

"Repeat what you said!"

"Ah, I a..sk...asked whether you saw Harshi and Vikram anna hu..hanging with each other?" Vihaan gulped, holding his breath as his elder cousin looked at him with knitted eyebrows coldly.

"No, that's not what you said. Tell me what you said at first, and don't lie to me, Vihaan!" Hari pointed out, placing his hands on Vihaan's shoulder heavily while Vihaan winced as Hari squeezed his shoulder in warning. If he added more pressure, it would surely leave a bruise.

If he told the truth, his brother would kill him, and if he doesn't tell the truth now, his cousin will kill him.

'Well getting, beaten by his brother seemed less painful than getting killed by his cousin. At least his mother would help him from his brother's wrath.'

'So the truth is it.' Vihaan nodded to himself.

Taking a deep breath, Vihaan asked the question again under his cousin's intense glare.

"Did you see my brother and your sister hugging in the back seat? But that's not the problem, I guess, as he is just comforting her." Vihaan blabbered, avoiding his eye contact, but Hari's face remained cold as he stared at him doubtfully.

"I swear! That's what I said at first!" Vihaan exclaimed, emphasizing his words by pinching his throat as if telling an oath.

Vihaan stood still as Hari's dark eyes scrutinized his face, looking for any changes that might indicate that he was lying.

But Vihaan looked at him with puppy eyes, the same puppy eyes vihana show him when she wants something done! His hold on Vihaan's shoulder became loose as warmth filled in his heart when her innocent face came to his mind.

Vihaan sighed in relief as Hari released his shoulder from his grip, but the relief didn't last long as Vikram walked in.

"Hari, Vihaan, what are you both doing still down?" Vikram's voice echoed in the silent room as he walked towards them with a confused look.

"We are just talking. Did you double-check the locks?" Hari questioned about the door that Vikram went to lock, to which Vikram nodded in assurance.