Chapter-14

Inline comments are love. 💜

.

.

.

.

.

Writer's Pov:

"Patti, we will come down soon, don't worry," Harshitha assured, climbing up the stair with a bunch of pillows and blankets to the terrace.

"Yes, Patti, nobody will kidnap us. You go and sleep, or else you will get even more wrinkles if you stay up late." Vihana pinched her grandma's cheeks playfully and followed Harshitha with a bowl of chips while Lakshmi glared at her granddaughters angrily.

"Radha, Sakthi, come here and see what your daughters are doing." Lakshmi fretted, entering the living room in search of them.

"Leave them maa. If something is wrong, the boys are there on the first floor. They will keep an eye on them." Radha convinced her mother-in-law, combing her hand through Vikram's hair, who sat by her feet for head massage.

"Do they have to go to the terrace for putting Mehandi? Don't they have this much space in this home? Can't they just obey me for once?" Lakshmi grunted, sitting down beside her husband.

She doesn't know what to do with the girls. Even the boys listen to her words and obey her, but the girls, waking up in the afternoon, not having their meals on time, going out after ten at night.

"Well, they are your granddaughters. They will be like you only." Thatha countered, adjusting his reading glasses.

Everyone burst out laughing but went silent once the old lady glared at them. She glared at her husband and returned to her room with a huff.

"Ingaiye ipdi irundhanga na, kalyanam panni pora veetla epdi irupangalo?." Lakshmi sighed, shaking her head sadly.

(If they are like this here, how are they going to be in their law's home)

.

.

"So, who wants to get it first," Dhanya asked, getting comfortable on the makeshift bed on the floor with a henna cone in her hand. 

After dinner, Dhanya suggested she would put the Mehandi for Harshitha as compensation for making her almost get married.

Everything went well until Vihana suggested they sleep on the terrace that night. Hearing her, their grandma went berserk and lectured them for nearly 1 hour about how one should not sleep on the terrace at night and how the evil spirits roam in the night.

Then after an hour of argument, they finally concluded that the girls could be on the terrace only till they put the Mehandi and should come down as soon as they finish it.

"Put on Viha's hands first. I'm so tired. I'm going to rest." Harshitha yawned, lying down tiredly.

"If you are tired from a pre-wedding shoot itself, then how are you going to be on your wedding day. Do you know you will have your wedding night on that day? Are you going to sleep on your wedding night too? I feel sad for Vikram anna. What is he going to do with you?" Dhanya chirped, feigning innocence, while Harshitha looked at her speechless.

She highfied with Vihana as they giggled, looking at Harshitha's shocked face.

"Dhanya! Don't you have any filters? We are at my home, it's not our college, And It's not a pre-wedding shoot." Harshitha exclaimed, looking at her friend wide-eyed as she asked herself why is she even friend with her in the first place.