Chapter-8

Inline comments are love💜.

.

.

.

Harshitha's pov;

The chirping sound of birds and the sunlight that pierced through the window woke me up from my deep slumber. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my body within my warm, cozy bed. Vihana was nowhere in sight. I exhaled, seeing her side of the bed was unmade. I know Vihana is lazy but can't she even fold her blanket?

After folding our blankets, I took my toiletries and entered the bathroom to do my morning routine. The tap water was already hot due to the weather so, there is no need to use the heater. I can't even imagine what the temperature would be in the noon If the water is this hot in the morning. After completing my bath, I dried my body and put on my inners and a T-shirt n paired it with a knee-length skirt.

Putting my dirty clothes in the hamper, I came out to see Vihana sitting on the bed and scrolling through her phone, grinning widely. Clearing my throat, I sat down next to her. But still, she didn't look up from her phone.

"Ahem!" I teased, nudging her shoulder with mine. 

"Ni epo vanda?" She quickly kept her phone down and questioned me. (when did you come?)

"When I came doesn't matter, may I know what are you doing?" I asked, raising my brows playfully.

"He messaged me'' She squealed and laid down, hiding her blushing face on the pillow.

"You're only saying 'he', But you are not telling who is that 'he'.  I wondered, applying moisturizer on my face.

"Konja naal agatum solren." She promised, leaning against me. (I will tell in a few days)

For the past two months, they were texting and video calling each other. When I asked for his name but, her reply was, "I will say when the time comes and trust me, everyone will accept our relationship."

Everyone thinks Vihana is more mature for her age, but only we knew how innocent she is. So, when she said 'He' proposed to her, and refused to tell me his detail. I was so worried that someone would play with her feeling. I hope that 'he' will not hurt her.

"So, what my brother got you?" Vihana eagerly asked as she helped to remove the tangles from my hair.

"He got me a watch, and I got a watch to him." I sighed, putting my hair in a ponytail, and kept a small Bindi in between my brows.

"What the problem in that- wait! You didn't like that! I know! that is why he should bring me to select a gift for you. " She blabbered, nodding to herself with a pout on her lips.

"Hello madam, I didn't say I don't like it, I love it. The problem is we got a couple's watch. He got the women's one, and I bought him a men's one at the same shop. Only one of us gets to wear it. I want him to wear it but, you know him, that stubborn man said that watch looks beautiful on me, and I should wear it. 

Then Amma lectured me for an hour after we came home about how careless I was and how Vikram sacrificed his precious time to help me." I complained, rolling my eyes, opening the bedroom door Vihana waited for me to follow her. Our footsteps echoed in the silent hallway as we walked towards the stairs.

"Aww, so cute! Look how in sync you guys are. Without knowing itself, getting each other a couple's watches, celebrating your 4th anniversary near a beautiful lake ahhh, I can't wait to see how me and Ha-" She stopped midway, keeping her hands on her mouth looking at me nervously. I stared at her, waiting for her to complete that sentence with my hands on my hips. However, she smiled at me sheepishly, scratching her neck.