The whiff everyone was holding in was terminated. "What-"escaped his lips as a whisper. Thereafter, lifeless silence shot down in the room. "D-Don't worry, Min. We can educate Jungkook about this and he wouldn't leave Taehyung's side-"It was Mrs. Jeon, she was trying to persuade the Kims. "It's not about that. It's that Jungkook is-"he was held off by Granny Kim. "Jungkook is an omnipotent Alpha," she declared. The lady, along with Granny Jeon, were here to celebrate Taehyung's eighteenth birthday. "What do you mean? How does it matter here?"

"Omnipotent Alphas target the ones with a flaw, with a weakness-with a-curse," Granny Jeon asserted. All of them could feel their dashing hearts. They darted their gazes at Taehyung, who was upstairs, now stepping into the room.

Sixteen years old Alpha had no idea about what powers he was holding. Taehyung smiled wistfully at the languishing beauty before scooping him to his chest, out of habit and snoozing in.

Meanwhile, the elders were silent. "Whatever the consequences are, we can still deal with them. Omnipotents particularly lose control on the blue moon-," Jaehyung hesitated when he picked up his mom, shushing him. "Don't be irrational, Jae. Jungkook will mature off his powers once he turns eighteen. He will try to explore the privilege that nature has given him. He will look for people with a flaw-he will explore them for a few years before taking substantial control over it." She concluded, producing the silence to rise again.

"What should we do then?" asked Mrs. Jeon. "We'll have to send Taehyung elsewhere before Jungkook turns eighteen," moved lady Kim's lips. "He any which ways wishes to be a doctor. Sending him away for a few years would cover up everything," Taemin blurted, drawing nodes from others.

Mr. Jeon sighed thickly before bitting his lips and questioning, "Then, how will they mate?"

"We will have to gradually reveal to Jungkook before he turns eighteen that Taehyung is his mate rather than disclosing everything on the same day or lingering for Taehyung to return." Granny Jeon charged in, pressing many emotions into the sentence.

"Wait-I have got a question." Jin proclaimed before gawking at everyone, one by one. Taemin actioned him to go ahead, and he appeared, "Jungkook is Taehyung's mate, which means he is his light-without whom he can't exist. Jungkook is likewise an omnipotent alpha too-who takes the people with a flaw under his radar. While Taehyung has the effect of a curse, correct?" he raised his brows and the elders agreed with nods.

"Now my question is what precisely Jungkook will target in Taehyung?" Granny Kim was the one who initiated answering. "In the primitive times, the sigmas managed to hide their mate, or should I say their lights from the Alphas. You know why?" she lifted her chin to him merely to get no as the answer. "An omnipotent alpha will never target you directly. They will target their vulnerability; their light. This means an omnipotent alpha targeted a sigma's mate. As the curse exactly states that the sigmas wouldn't be able to live without their light-omnipotent alphas targeted them-which ultimately led to the sigma's death,"

Jin's grimace got darker with her words. "But Jungkook- "All of them had their forehead over their palms now. "But Jungkook is the omnipotent alpha-and he also Taehyung's light-whom will he target then?"

"He will target himself in the presence of Taehyung when he loses control."

FLASHBACK ENDS

All of this was not just for Taehyung but likewise for Jungkook, too. Yet, the younger male shouldn't know anything about this. He shouldn't get any idea about what the others had gone through to save him and Taehyung.

Taehyung still recalls their first date, but to Jungkook it was a treat from the elder; he remembers that was the time Jungkook had just entered the high school and was having a troublesome time adjusting. That was when he concluded to pick up the youngling to the ice cream parlor to bring him a few bars and cones of ice cream to lighten his mood.

The sigma still feels the warmth in the alpha's palm just like he did when he first held it. Jungkook said yes. And the Taehyung couldn't help but foresee their coming future together. Jungkook's heart was still striking fast as ever. He guessed he would win today's ritual, but-he had not even imagined Taehyung proposing to him by surrendering in front of him.

After the ceremony, the alpha was on Taehyung's bed. The two were stupidly grinning at one another. Out of bedding down habits, Taehyung was shirtless while Jungkook had his face buried into his chest. He had his palm pressed as he rubbed it up and down on his bare chest.

His eyes were twinkling, peering at the ring the former male had given him. Pulling his upper-body up, Jungkook placed the sigma's arm under his head. Having his body straight now, the alpha raised his palm in the air to have a better look at it. He peered at it affectionately, so tenderly. The lad could hear Taehyung's hear-beat shooting at the same pace as his.

Taehyung smiled certainly, pecking the younger's beard cheeks. His fingers later perplexed up with Jungkook's as he caressed his slender ring finger. "How does it feel?" the older, not dropping his actions, called for peeping down at the male. "I feel. . . I feel marvelous," he blurted softly as his head trailed up to look at the erstwhile.

"You do?" He murmured into his ears as his arms were now draped around the fellow's waist. "Mhm," Jungkook nodded, turning towards his sigma; who had now faced him too. Urging his face now into his chest again, "But when did you plan all of this?" in a muffled voice, the smaller figure inquired.

"Remember previously, during the summer break, Namjoon Hyung came back for his vacations?" the boy nodded in response and the sigma continued, "and he and I went to a marriage?" Jungkook, after pondering a bit, nodded again.

"It was a sigma and Alpha merger. I saw the whole sword dance there for the first time. That was when I made up my mind to propose to you for marriage, during the wedding ceremony of Namjoon and Jin's." the older asserted tenderly. The smaller of the two was now beaming at him without blinking; essentially, like he was thinking or calculating something.

"You planned this approximately six years ago?" Jungkook murmured, and the former nodded to it with a smile. The alpha kept gawking at the sigma with a guilty look in his eyes, feeling as if all of these years he did nothing for the man. He was oblivious at first; then Taehyung took off and when he came back, he was furious at him.

He was re-considering his motive for winning the rituals. Will asking for his reasons for going away from him, talking like that to him, and not reaching out to him in so many years in the form of a reward for winning the rituals be a bad plan? Will it hurt Taehyung?

The train of his concerns was interrupted by Taehyung, who pecked his lips and charged him to stop overthinking stuff.

"Te Amo," Jungkook was the one to whisper. There was this hasty light in Taehyung's eyes. Taking his jaw into his palms, the elder hooked up their lips again, sealing so many unsaid promises.

❀❀❀