Part 23

The next couple months we spend wedding planning around my classes and his work. It's happy and we're perfect together, I make dinner almost every morning, I wake up to breakfast almost every morning, we either eat lunch together out somewhere after meeting up for I make something at home.

Home. Out home.

We actually have a lot of the planning done due to the planner we hired to help and we're currently looking over some cake options.

I smile and look at Jimmy who's lips are pulled to the side.

"We could do a coconut cake." He suggests.

He's the best, him and his boyfriend have become great friends of mine and they're both amazing people.

J scrunches his nose. "Ew."

"J." I swat his arm. "But I agree, I don't like the texture of the coconut flakes."

"Ok, what about we go to the shop?" He asks.

I nod at Rick. "Sounds AMAZING."

We hop into the separate cars and J puts a hand on my thigh before groaning "Wedding planning is so hard."

"We're literally going to eat cake." I laugh.

He chuckles and glances at me before looking at the road again.

We get to the shop.

We go inside and sit at one of the fancy little tables that's like the cupcake places from 1980's movies.

I love it.

I smile and look at a nervous looking Jimmy.

"Why does this, this of all things, make everything feel real?" He chuckles.

I laugh "I don't know. But it does."

He nods.

We taste a few cakes before we both go back to the 4th option and take another bite.

It's white moist cake, caramel filling, white frosted with the little dents in it and it has caramel drizzle on it but it doesn't FEEL right.

J looks the same.

"Ok, do you have anything more Italian-y?" He asks

"Jimmy they don't".

"Actually yeah." the baker nods and goes back to the kitchen and she grabs a slice of something else.

I take a bite and immediately my eyes widen and my taste buds explode and I literally moan.

He has mostly the same reaction.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaim. "That is amazing!"

The baker smiles proudly "I make the recipe myself."

"I want whatever this is at my wedding." I nod.

She looks very proud "How many layers are we looking at?"

I look at J.

"what's the most you can do?" He asks.

"15." she says.

"Then 10." he leans back and pats his stomach "That was great."

I laugh.

"Meet pregnant Jimmy." He chuckles and I look at his slightly raised stomach.

I roll my eyes "Shut up."

We bicker a little jokingly for a minute before he grabs my hand and he says some really sweet stuff.

"I can't wait until it's pregnant Raleigh." He half smiles.