Kabanata 47

Kabanata 47

Impulsive

Weeks had passed after what happened in the parking lot. My wounds healed and thankfully, they didn't leave scars.

For the past weeks, Sage did all the work about the case he filed. In the middle of the week, Sophie tried to go outside the country. Hindi natuloy dahil sa pagharang sa kanya tungkol sa kaso.

We want to keep the issue private, but for some reason, it spreads like a wildfire the day after what happened. May kumalat na video. It was taken with so much distance, the reason our voices can't be heard. Hindi rin kompleto ang video. We were able to track the person who took it secretly, but it's too late.

In just one day, Sophie's beautiful image vanished. Sa isang iglap matapos nang pagkalat ng video, naglaho lahat ang kanyang pinaghirapan na imahe.

I would lie if I didn't feel bad. Galit ako pero hindi ko ginusto na mangyari iyon sa kanya.

I do understand her hard work in building her own name and I don't want to ruin that. Kaso kahit siguro tulungan ko pa siyang ayusin ang kanyang pangalan, hindi rin ako magtatagumpay.

Sage was pretty determined in filing the case. Lalo na't nalaman na ng pamilya ko ang nangyari sa akin. My family got so mad, especially Mama. I can still remember how fond she was of Sophie way back in hacienda. She felt betrayed.

My family supported Sage in filing the case for Sophie. Sa gitna ng linggong iyon, nakaramdam ako ng awa.

She was bashed by many people and got canceled. Her image was completely ruined. Her management released a statement about that matter and stated that Sophie was no longer their model.

Nang malaman ko iyon, halos hindi ako makapaniwala. Sophie has been a model under their company for years already. Kaya nakakagulat na pinakawalan lang nila dahil sa nangyaring isyu.

She lost her name and image miserably. Kaya sa huli, pilit kong itinigil ang kaso. Sage and my family tried to stop me. Pero sa huli, wala silang nagawa sa desisyon ko. I'm the one who got hurt and I have the right to decide.

Natigil nga ang kaso pero ilang beses din kaming nag-away ni Mama tungkol doon. She can't just accept that I let Sophie go without doing anything.

"You can't just let that pass, Nathalia!"

"Her name is gone, Mama!"

Sophie apologized to me via message. Tinanggap ko ang paghingi niya ng tawad. When her case has been lifted, she immediately left the country. Hanggang doon na lang ang naging balita ko sa kanya.

I felt really bad about what happened to her. But I guess, that's really how the consequences work when you do something impulsive. Palagi talagang nasa huli ang pagsisisi.

Maraming nangyari sa mga nakalipas na linggo. It's been stressful for me that I requested Venus to do my schedules in advance.

The last schedule I had was to attend a fashion show, not to be a model but just to watch. I even met Amari Borromeo, Trent's girlfriend. She's also one of the audiences.

After a week of doing the shoots, promotions, and all, I finally got time to rest.

The only plan I have is to stay inside my condo and have time for myself. Iyon nga ang ginawa ko sa unang araw hanggang sa ikalawang araw ng pahinga. Lumalabas lang ako ng condo tuwing umaga para pumunta sa gym at sa gabi para sa dinner kasama si Sage.

Sa ikatlong araw ng pahinga, umaga pa lang ay tinawagan na ako ni Adhara. Saktong pagbangon ko ay ang pagtawag niya.

"Would it be okay if you're going to go out?"