Kabanata 28

Kabanata 28

Drive

I stayed in the hacienda for the whole week before I decided to go back to Manila. I arrived in my condo at 9 am. I don't have plans or schedules for today and I guess, I will just spend it watching western series. For the past months, it's almost rare for me to just chill and spend time for myself.

I went into my room and opened the television before jumping into my bed. Hindi ko pa nakakalahati ang pinapanood nang may biglang tumawag. I lazily rose up to get my phone on the side table.

I read the name of the caller before answering.

"Hello, Adhara,"

"We need to have a drink later."

Napairap ako sa pambungad niya.

"Pass," I answered boredly.

"I don't want to drink too, but Valerie is heartbroken." she made her voice sad.

Napabangon ako sa pagkakahiga upang pahinaan ang volume ng pinapanood.

"What do you mean?"

"Duh, her boyfriend cheated on her," she answered sarcastically.

My forehead knotted.

"So they broke up?"

"Malamang, Nathalia! Valerie is not a martyr to tolerate that. Like what the fuck?"

Sa gitna ng pagiging kuryoso, hindi ko mapigilan ang matawa.

"Why are you so aggressive? I'm just asking,"

Nanahimik siya. I bet she's now rolling her eyes.

"I'm just really annoyed. Like how can he even dare to cheat when he's so ugly? I mean, the audacity..."

"Let's just talk later. What time?"

"Get ready before 9 pm. I'll pick you up,"

I sighed.

"Okay, fine."

She chuckled on the other line.

"I'll drop the call now. I need to call Valerie,"

"Look, Valerie is not even affected by the breakup. There's no need for us to drink or what. You're just using this as a chance to party!"

Mas lumakas ang kanyang tawa.

"I have nothing to do tonight! Samahan niyo na lang ako,"

I rolled my eyes even when she can't see me.

"I'll tell your brother about this," banta ko.

"Don't tell that bitch,"

Natawa ako.

After she dropped the call, I continued watching the series I started. After hours of watching, I fell asleep. Good thing, I woke up before 8 pm.

I took a shower and went into the walk-in closet after drying my hair. I wore a black halter top and black straight-leg jeans. I paired it with a black stiletto and black purse.

I won't tie my hair, since I want this night to be peaceful, just like what I planned this morning.

Adhara will surely invite me to dance on the dance floor, but I won't let her pull me this time. I will only drink and with limitations. Hindi ako maglalasing.

I stayed in the hacienda for the whole week and I did really miss the city and the clubbing. Pero kahit ganoon, hindi ako masyadong mag-iinom ngayong gabi.