Kabanata 29

Kabanata 29

Shoot

I can't stop thinking about what happened last night. Nang makarating sa condo at kahit sa paggising, iyon ang nasa isipan ko. That was the first time I've ever talked to him after years and I can't stop but to wonder if I was really that rude last night.

Adhara and Valerie slept in my condo last night and I can't stop but to blame them for drinking too much. Kung hindi lang sana nagpakalasing ang dalawa, hindi siguro ako lalapitan ng lalaking iyon.

I rejected his offer in a rude way and I think that's what it should be. There's no reason for me to be nice to him, especially we're not friends or anything. Also, I have the right to act like that.

After what happened a few years ago, he shouldn't expect me to be nice to him. I moved on, but seeing him makes me irritated and uncomfortable. I have the right to act like this for my peace of mind.

I don't want to think about this anymore. He's not worth my time.

I pushed the glass door and was immediately welcomed by greetings of the baristas Ngumiti ako at bumati pabalik.

The customers inside the café are not that packed today. Mabibilang lang sa daliri ang mga taong naka dine-in. The vibe inside the café is relaxing, maybe because of the relaxing music in the background and the place is not that crowded today.

Mabilis ko lang nakita si Venus na nakaupo sa dulong bahagi ng café. I walked towards the table and smiled at him.

"Good morning, Nathalia," he stood up and kissed my cheeks.

I greeted him back and sat in front of him. Naupo rin siyang muli. He pushed the latte he ordered for me before we started to talk.

He asked about what happened in my one-week vacation first before he turned to the reason why we met this morning.

"You're schedule will start tomorrow. So, we need to go to Pangasinan for a brand shoot. Then the next day, you need to attend a morning conference. It's also for a brand, babe."

I sipped on my coffee while listening attentively.

"And then I will schedule the exclusive signing of the contract."

"What brand?"

"It's about the recent proposal of you being a clothing ambassador. That's only the highlight of your coming week, but please expect sudden schedules for the different photoshoots."

"I'll keep that in mind,"

"Yes, but don't worry I will call you the day before the schedules."

Hindi roon natapos ang usapan namin. We also talked about the brands that Venus rejected, especially the brands that were in a rush. Na kapag sumang-ayon sa pinag-usapang kontrata, diretso-diretso na ang trabaho. Tila may tinatargat na panahon at kinakailangang mabilisan.

I don't like those kinds of situations and I have reasons. I once experienced it and I can't help, but regret signing those kinds of contracts consecutively. 

My schedules were too packed that I can't even eat my meals anymore. It resulted in sudden sickness and I even collapsed twice.

We're in the middle of talking when sudden laughters caught our both attention. Magkasabay kaming napatingin sa entrance ng café at nakitang si Sophie iyon.

She's with her manager and two familiar old men. Those are probably the owners of the brands she's endorsing with.

I've seen her multiple times already. Hindi na iyon nakakagulat. We're in the same industry, which is modeling.