Chapter 16: Daddy?

Double Update!!! 

Elijah POV:

"SCARLETT" I kept calling her name and trying to wake her up, but as I lightly touched her face, I had to take my hand away. She was burning up.

I decided to take her home. I tell Daniel, my assistant, to call my doctor to meet me at my apartment building.

I carried her bridal style towards the elevator, and her assistant looked at me then at her boss with concern.

Before I could say anything, she said, "don't worry, I'll make sure the meeting she has today is rescheduled next week, and you can take her home. I'll let Alfred, her security team leader, know to meet you guys there so that her kids, especially Ares, will not attack if you're a threat or not," she tells me as she makes a phone call on her phone.

She mentioned the good thing about her demon dog Ares is that I don't think I would like to be his chewy toy. I love dogs, but Ares seems to hate me. Who knows why Maleficent, on the other hand, loves me.

"Thank you, Blair. I'll stay for a bit to reschedule today's meeting, and Mr. Holmes, I already called the doctor, and he's on the way," Daniel, my assistant, lets us know.

I nod to him, and I head to the elevator to take Scarlett and me to the ground floor where my limo is parked.

A few minutes later

Arriving at the apartment building, I see security has increased recently. I don't know why yet. I will ask my security team later what's essential is to get Scarlett the proper care she needs.

I look down at her, and I see her sucking on her thumb. She can't be what I think it is. 

Ignore my thoughts for the time being; I need to get her back into her health. I will think about this later.

I walk up to her apartment door, seeing an older man. I assume that's Alfred, the head of her security team, holding both Ares and Maleficent on leashes like they were going for a walk.

My doctor is already standing in her living room. I gently lay her down on the sofa.

The doctor started checking her vitals after a few minutes.

"She has the flu and the reason why she fainted was she currently has a high fever I already have IV fluids running in and I left a bottle of medicine she needs to take once she wakes up but everything else she is healthy," he tells me while packing up all his equipment.

"Thank you, doctor," I tell him as I escort him out.

Return to the sleeping angel; I decide to place her in her room where it's most comfortable.

I opened a room that I assumed it eas her room, but I wasn't expecting this. It is a clash between classy and cute. She has elegant bedroom decor. I see some cute items around her room, such as a human-size stuffed teddy bear and a couple of stuffies on her bed. (A/N: Scarlett Bedroom pic below)

Scars Bedroom Above ^^^^^^^^

Human size stuff bear Above^^^^^

The Stuff animals she has on her bed ^^^^^^^

.I lay her gently on her bed, and then I hear her say something that makes my suspensions confirm true.

"Daddy," she mumbles, still in her sleeping state.

"Shh, baby girl, go to sleep once you wake up; you will feel so much better," I tell her while messaging her head as she brings her thumb to her mouth.

Looking around the room once again, I see a pacifier on her nightstand. I removed her thumb away from her mouth and placed the pacifier in its place; she felt back to a peaceful sleep.

I tucked her in and decided to nurse her back to health, and then we could talk about all of this.