Chapter 8: Cupid

Rex P.O.V.:

As I read the message from Mr. Frank Monopoly that Scar helped him divorce his now 10th ex-wife.

We can start our plan to get Scarlett a boyfriend, possibly a husband.

Now you may be wondering why Frank and I are doing this Scar is a hardworking human being, and she deserves to be loved and happy. So Frank and I came up with this plan to set up Elijah and Scar together.

Elijah and Frank have worked together in the past. The two occasionally engage in a conversation when they meet at business gatherings, galas, or charity events. Frank says he is a trustworthy man suitable for Scarlett. They both are hardworking, they both have secrets. Elijah is a dominant, and Scarlett is a submissive. And they're both into DDLG.

It makes perfect sense to hook up with them, and then they can name their kid after me, the cool uncle Rex.

We have a brilliant plan, I tell you.

The most exciting part is that they'll meet sooner than we anticipated.

Originally, they were going to meet at a charity gala next month that Frank is hosting. Nevertheless, the universe has heard of our plan. We need to make sure the meeting turns out well. I should message Frank about this. Must keep the old man in the loop.

AN:  key for rex and frank text message BOLD: Rex  Italics: Frank 

Hi Pringles man

what do you want, dinosaur?

Cupid's arrows may be firing sooner than later

Cupid? What do you mean, child?

Well, old man are plan has been set into motion 

due to certain legal issues. Elijah needs legal help.

Okay, so he needs an attorney, Rex. I'm not an attorney

omg, Elijah will meet with Scarlett today!

It would help if you told me that in the first place. 

Let me know how their introduction turns out

I'll do old man Cupid over and out

I tucked the phone back into the breast pocket of my suit

"It's fucking 4:30 p.m., Rex. "The traffic will be a disaster, and we won't make it to the meeting on time." Elijah angrily says while getting up from his desk chair and starts heading out

Hahahaha, Elijah thinks we will be late. Sure, we'll be early, but hey, the sooner the two meet, the sooner I'll become an uncle.

"Sorry Elijah, I was answering emails." Lies "let's go then i'll lead the way." I say as I leave his office.

The two of us made our way down to his lobby, and I walked past my car to begin the route towards Scar's office building.

"Rex, where are you heading? Your car is back there," Elijah says, confused.

'We'll be late, Elijah,' I tell him over my shoulder as I head toward Scarlett's office building.

"TADA, we've arrived," I say with jazz hands as I walk towards the elevator that will take us to Scar's office.

Once we are inside the elevator, Elijah looks at me with raised eyebrows.

We have arrived at Scarlett's floor. I don't see Blair anywhere. I make a grand entrance once inside Scarlett's office. "Honey, I'm home!" I say while opening the door.

"Rex do you know about this thing called knocking? You should give it a try," says Scarlett without looking at her computer.

"Well whatever," I tell her as I roll my eyes at her. "Let me introduce you to Elijah Holmes. He is the C.E.O. of Holmes Auto and Technology, aka H.A.T." I point at him as he stands in the middle of the room.

"Elijah meets Scarlett Valentino, my company's lawyer and a well-known business lawyer" Scarlett makes her way towards Elijah to shake his hand.

"Please to meet you Mr holmes," Scarletts says while shaking Elijahs Hand 

 Kissing the back of her hand, Elijah says, "Pleasure is all mine, Ms. Valentino."