59

Day and night, Hanma Shuji stuck by you like he couldn't live without you. It was starting to get annoying but no matter how many times you try to push him away, he just wouldn't budge.

Izana has grown tired of your one-sided fights with Hanma and hasn't been in the same room with you two for about a week now.

You glare at Hanma's smirking face before rolling your eyes and forcefully feeding yourself with the steak on your plate. Hanma chuckles at your behavior, finding it cute. You could never really get a rise out of him; he's always calm and collected.

"Should we go out for a ride?"

Your ears perked up and you immediately look at him, only to see his smirk grow wider. You narrow your eyes as you tried to detect if he was only joking around but it's hard to read him.

"Am I even allowed to go out?" You ask, raising one eyebrow.

"You haven't tried escaping at least once." Hanma pointed out. "I don't think Izana's going to care if I take you out for a ride as long as I bring you back here."

"Are you the one in charge of chasing me if I ever escaped?" You ask in curiosity.

"Mhm." Hanma hummed, licking his bottom lip after before opening his mouth to talk again. "I don't particularly like chasing people....but if it's you I'll be chasing...I could chase you until the end of the world, darling."

You roll your eyes again and huff while he gently takes your hand to kiss the back of it before putting the tip of your pointer finger against his lips, nibbling the tip a little.

"What the hell are you doing, Hanma Shuji?" You laugh a little as you took your hand from him.

"I want to kiss you right now but I'm afraid I'll get slapped." Hanma replied with a grin.

"So, you can behave." You scoff and crossed your arms. "That's a surprise."

"Finish your food." Hanma orders, pointing to your unfinished steak and fries.

"Yes, father." You responded sarcastically with another eye roll.

Hanma clicks his tongue and pulls your chair closer to him, grabbing you by the neck with his face just a few inches from yours.

"I....am trying so hard to restrain myself...." He breathes out, hovering his lips above yours. "Your bratty side isn't helping, darling. Don't make me take you right here and now where anyone could come in....and catch us...."

You pushed him away and started eating again, this time fully ignoring him and his stare. Hanma thought to himself and decided that it was enough teasing.

One of their men came in the dining room and took the dirty dishes after you finished and left just as quietly as he came. You hear keys jingling as Hanma stood from his seat, reaching a hand towards you at the same time.

You silently took his hand and looked to your right, making him shake his head at you. He slowly pulls you to him and lays his chin on your shoulder as his hands snake their way around your waist.

"Are you mad at me, darling?" He whispers in a playful manner. "I'm sorry for threatening you."

"Apology not accepted." You mutter, leaning away from him.