27

Your first day back at the Haitani Residence was quite like any other day in Bonten headquarters. The guys were all gathered in the living room area together with you.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be busy?" You ask them, confused why they always seem to have almost no work nowadays.

"We're all clear today." Takeomi answers your question.

You were sitting on one of the couches with Mikey's head on your lap. He wasn't sleeping but he had his eyes closed. Your fingers were softly combing his hair and he seemed to like it.

"But most of us will be busy probably until after new year's." Kakucho adds, not bothering to explain in detail why since they were going to get involved in more illegal activities.

"Should we get some food? I'm hungry and I'm craving junk food." Sanzu spoke up after raising his hand like one would do in school.

"Can't we just order?" Kokonoi mutters, earning looks from the others.

"No, Koko. Remember they don't accept deliveries right now?" Mochi widened his eyes at Kokonoi who blinks in confusion.

"Yeah, yeah. We have to go ourselves." Kakucho stared at Kokonoi as well with the same expression as Mochi.

"Wait, we all have to go?" Rindou asks, all their attention on him in an instant.

Ran slung an arm over Rindou's shoulder and chuckled nervously. "Of course, we all have to."

"I don't understand why." Rindou mutters, glancing at the others.

"Me too. Why can't you guys just go?" Kokonoi leans back on the couch.

Takeomi snorted from holding in his laughter while Mochi, Sanzu, and Kakucho looked at each other before getting up and dragging Kokonoi and Rindou with them outside.

"We'll be back, princess." Ran smiles at you, getting up to leave as well. "Just gonna go get some food."

You knew their pantry was fully stocked as well as their refrigerator but you just nodded and watched him walk to the others.

"Buy me Jollibee and McDonald's too!"

"Sure, sweetheart!"

Now you were left alone with Mikey who shifted on your lap, turning his head towards your stomach and pressing his face against it. His nose and lips tickled you so you instinctively leaned away, causing him to look up at you.

"Am I too heavy?" He asks, his voice just above a whisper.

"No, no, you're not heavy at all." You assure him but he gets up anyway.

Mikey brings a hand up to your cheek, his touch so gentle that you almost couldn't feel it. Though he wasn't even smiling, his eyes seemed a little happier.

"Is it selfish of me if I ask you to stay and never leave my side?" He whispers, bringing his lips to your forehead. "Because if it is, I want to be selfish."

"Mikey..." You breathed out, wrapping your arms around him. "I want to stay with you forever."

"But you can't. It's not possible." He mutters, disappointment in his tone.

"Don't say things like that, Mikey." You said with a sigh. "I came back, didn't I? I will always come back. Even if you tell me I shouldn't, I'll still come back."